Thread: The Whiskas Phonecall

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)

The Whiskas Phonecall

Friday evening, I just got home after doing the weekly shoppings at WalMart. I bought 3 boxes of Whiskas one-meal-bags for Rudie and remembered to give Whiskas a call. They add little stickers to collect on a card and you get some money back. You just have to call them to get the card send home.

They asked me the cats names. And so I said: Ritter (= knight) Rudiger and Princess Eddy (their names in their passports).

Woman on the phone: 'Those are definately the weirdest names I have ever heard...'
    Well thank you, woman on the phone

I think those are WONDERFUL names. You should have asked her what her name is and said "...oh my, how interesting....."

Don't be sad, she probably didn't mean it in an insulting way. I would have asked her pets' names. They certainly aren't weird to me!

I wouldn't really worry about it that much. She probably didn't mean anything by it. I think your kitties have cute names.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I love your cats names. I like it when names aren't common. I think since my parents gave me a common name I've always wanted to name pets unusal names. I made up the name Zasper and Corkscrew is a pretty weird name too, my vet always laughs when he says Corkscrew and I guess Tibby could be a little unusual too.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    ...I guess Tibby could be a little unusual too.
    Dear UABassoon, I've just started re-reading the Miss Read's Fairacre series again, where the main character (the school teacher)'s cat is named Tibby. I was wondering if she was the inspiration for your Tibby's name?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oops, CC's Mom --

Sorry, got sidetracked ... I think the operator was just not using good people skills. Your cat's names are adorable. Sometimes people just speak without thinking how things will sound. Who knows, she may have meant it as a tribute: your fur-kids aren't sterotypical Fluffys, et al.

Don't let her get you down. {{{hugs}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

I named Tibby because when I first got her she was sooo loud that I decided I needed to name her after an soprano opera singer. So I named her Tibby after Renata Tibalidi.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    ...I named her Tibby after Renata Tibalidi.
    Oh my! There is a Tibaldi cat from Australia too. I haven't seen her mom posting in a while though. How interesting that Ms. Tibaldi has two namesakes on this board. Cool!

(Okay, me bad for hijacking this thread. Back to rude operators!)

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Well, I was really a bit angry with that woman. I buy their food, so a little bit respect isn't out of place.

My husband send them an email, complained, and now we get 2 boxes of food for Rudie! Hehe... we're happy again.

My husband send them an email, complained, and now we get 2 boxes of food for Rudie! ... we're happy again.
    Great! I'm glad you followed through. I tend to brood about things and just stop going to stores or whatever. That does no good and harms me. You alerted them to a customer relations issue and got a mini-reward for it. So glad it worked out well for you and that you improved their service. Well done!

Ahhh, that was kind of rude of them to say that, even though I don't think they meant it that way.
    I also find the names sweet, so don't worry about that!

Kirsten

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I think those are WONDERFUL names. You should have asked her what her name is and said "...oh my, how interesting....."
    I laught with tears when I read that. Bravo, Edwina's secretary! I immagined how that woman on the phone would have felt.

C.C.'s mom, just don't pay attention. I used to get not only questions, but also "the look" when I used to tell people that I have 3 cats. My next step was to ask, if they ever had a pet and if they ever felt the love a pet can give. I could only tell them, they are the loosers, not me.