Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memoriam

I lighted a candle for ALL troops.
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9768757
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

15 December 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of an airman who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Tech. Sgt. Anthony C. Campbell Jr., 35, of Florence, Ky., died Dec. 15 of wounds suffered from the detonation of an improvised explosive device in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Campbell was assigned to the 932nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.

UNITED KINGDOM

15 December 2009

Lance Cpl. David Leslie Kirkness, 24, West Yorkshire, England.

Rifleman James Stephen Brown, 18, Kent, England.

Both with Company B, 3rd Battalion, The Rifles.

Killed when a suicide bomber detonated a homemade bomb at a vehicle checkpoint on a route into Sangin, Helmand province, Afghanistan

ESTONIA

15 December 2009

Junior Sgt. Kristjan Jalakas, 19, Estcoy-9 Infantry Company.

Killed when a roadside bomb detonated near his foot patrol near Patrol Base Wahid in Nad-e-Ali district, Helmand province, Afghanista.

POLAND

19 December 2009

Pfc. Michał Kołek, 22. Polsko-Ukraiński Batalion Sił Pokojowych (Polish-Ukrainian Peace Force Battalion)

Killed in a firefight after a Polish patrol was attacked with small arms and rocket-propelled grenades about 12 miles (20 km) from a Polish forward operating base in Ghazni province, Afghanistan.

UNITED KINGDOM

19 December 2009

Cpl. Simon Hornby, 29, Liverpool, England.
    Arnhem Company, 2nd Battalion, The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment.

Killed when a roadside bomb detonated near his foot patrol in Nad-e-Ali district, Helmand province, Afghanistan.

20 December 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Pfc. Serge Kropov, 21, of Hawley, Pa., died Dec. 20 as a result of a non-hostile incident in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to Marine Aircraft Group 16, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Calif.

This incident is under investigation.

18 December 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Albert D. Ware, 27, of Chicago, Ill., died Dec. 18 in Arghandab River Valley, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 782nd Combat Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

UNITED KINGDOM
    20 December 2009

Lance Cpl. Michael David Pritchard, 22, Maidstone, England.

160 Provost Company, 4th Regiment, Royal Military Police

Killed as a result of small arms fire -- possibly friendly fire, according to the British Ministry of Defense -- in the Sangin area of Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Robert Howard - Medal of Honor recipient

Nominated for the Medal of Honor 3 times - 8 Purple Hearts - 5 tours in Vietnam

Robert Howard - obituary

Colonel Robert Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

Nominated for the Medal of Honor 3 times -
    8 Purple Hearts -
    5 tours in Vietnam

Robert Howard - obituary
    And coverage on the evening news >>>

Colonel Bob Howard - an American Hero
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...79550#34579550

Happy Holidays to all of our servicemen and women. Also, to all their families. Thank you to each and every one of you for all you do.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    And coverage on the evening news >>>

Colonel Bob Howard - an American Hero
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...79550#34579550

Thanks, Phred.

I think the one statistic that really got me was the 5 tours in Vietnam. You only went once - unless you volunteered. Douglas was in the Air Force, and volunteered for a 2nd tour.

Robert Howard volunteered for 4 extra tours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace
    18 December 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Albert D. Ware, 27, of Chicago, Ill., died Dec. 18 in Arghandab River Valley, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 782nd Combat Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.
    This was on the news last night. Sgt. Ware leaves behind his parents, his wife and three young children. His father wept when he spoke on camera about trying to keep Christmas normal for the children. I know a lot of hearts went out to that family last night from people who saw it on the 10 o'clock news.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

22 December 2009

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lance Cpl. Omar G. Roebuck, 23, of Moreno Valley, Calif., died Dec. 22, as a result of a non-hostile incident in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.