Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many pets do you have at the Rainbow Bridge?

Four pets:

Benny, a yellow labrador retriever/beagle mix - 17 years, my childhood dog I grew up with. I think of him almost every day. He was my best friend.

Otto, a tri-colored long haired guniea pig - 4 years - also my childhood pet, my first pet I owned besides Benny. Only had for a short time, but he was a cuddly little guy. He was a good pet.

Anna, a Siberian Husky - 12-13 years, body failed her of old age. She was a great dog, the most laid back, easy going husky I've ever seen and owned.

Rosie, a tri-colored Beagle - 7 years, chronic back pain, dislocated disc cost her life, which, with one slip, she lost the use of her back legs, had to be put to sleep. She was my brother's dog, mostly.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Well now I have to add another cat. Starr went to the Bridge yesterday. I'm sure that my RB Pepper greeted him and is showing him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    So, Taz is my first cat as an adult. And Zoee is the first dog. Luckily I still have them with me. Although, I know the time will come when I must say goodbye and that is going to hurt so much!!

Well, the time came much sooner than I expected/hoped for Taz. I let him go tonight. I couldn't even imagine how it would feel at the time I posted the above quote. Its much worse than I anticipated.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

So, so, many.
    Childhood:
    Ringo: Boston terrier; distemper PTS
    Taffy: Cockapoo Old age
    Adult:
    Molly: Doberman: cancer
    Maverick: My Tennesee Walking horse, the best I ever rode! old age 30 years old.
    Harry: Chinese crested; went away to die, never found him
    Kitty: Long haired tabby: mauled by neighbor's dog (Miss you still)
    Tomas: A Most Excellent Tan and White Cat, Old age, PTS
    I still think of, and miss, them all!

Monzaya~ She was my collie. I got her when I was 7 years old and had her for 10 years, so I was 17 when she died. I had never had a dog that I was so close to like I was Monzaya and I don't think I ever will. We just bonded so much cause we grew up together and I always had her w/ me. A big tumor came up on her stomach and one night it ruptured and that's how she died. I miss her so much

Montiego~ She was my brother's alaskan malamute and she lived to be 13. She had a stroke and we had to get her pts.

Monique~ She was our black chow and she lived to be 12. We don't know why she died. One morning she couldn't walk and later that afternoon she died.

Mufassa~ He was our big ol' great pyrenees. He lived to be 9. He also had a tumor and that's what took him from us. He was such an awesome dog. He protected us and watched over the whole yard all the time.

Maggie~ she was our little maltese/shih tzu mix. She was about 14 when she died. She was always such a happy little spirit. I think old age is what took little Mag from us.

Meca~ she was our ferret and she drowned in our bathtub. Someone had left water in the tub and she was out running around the house one day and jumped in and couldn't get out.

Little Meca 2~ she was our squirrel. She was so cute and so curious about everything.

Gizmo~ he was our hedgehog. We had him for a very long time.

Gretta~ she was our white rabbit. We had her for ever it seems. She use to play w/ Maggie all the time. She got in the back yard w/ our alaskan malamute and she killed her.

Jake, Topaz, Troy, Apple, Archilles, Reese, Chance~ They were our ducks and were loved so much. We lost them all at different times. Jake died from a broken heart. Our bloodhound killed Topaz. A raccoon killed Troy. Apple got sick and died. Archilles was born at our home and something was wrong w/ him when he hatched. He only lived about 2 days. Reese was a baby we got from this man. He was sick when we got him and didn't live long. Chance was Topaz's baby and we think he got cold or something one day--we really aren't sure. He was only a few days old.

Godzilla~ he was my brother's collared lizard. We had him for a year and we just found him dead one day.

Munchkin~ he was our precious little hamster. He lived for 3 years and as he got older he started losing patches of hair and got all wrinkly. It was so hard when he died--we had him so long.

Snowball~ he was our big white cat. Some dogs killed him.

I know that there is probably more that I'm not naming right now, but that's all I can think of right now.

We have a lot more animals still with us right now and we love them so much.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Toshie - my beloved water spaniel who died of cancer when I was about 11 years old.

Teeko and Uchie - my two budgies I had as a child.

I also had a little turtle as a child. We came home one day to find that he had escaped his bowl and he was found dead behind the stereo.

Many fishies that I had in my twenties.

OJ & Casper - my sweet kitties whom I feel like I abandoned in 1987. My ex and I split and he promised to look after them. Little did I know that he gave them away. I'm sure they are at the RB by now.

Speckles - passed in December, 2005 at the ripe old age of 18 1/2. Max is my heart kitty but so was Speckles. We had a special bond that differs from the bond that Max and I have.

With Max's failing health, I hope I don't have to come back to this thread anytime soon.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.