Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: job eliminated today

*HUGS* Having been victim of the layoff/elimination monster myself I know how you feel. Keep faith that this will work out into a better opportunity for you!

One thing that helped me is to let all your contacts and friends, family etc. know you're looking. I got a really neat job once by telling someone I sang with that I had gotten fired over the summer, and they were looking for a temp for a year or two.

Also, depending on your relationship with your credit card banks, you might want to contact them ASAP to let them know. This can be risky and backfire, and I would guess depends on your balance.

Good luck!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Also, depending on your relationship with your credit card banks, you might want to contact them ASAP to let them know. This can be risky and backfire, and I would guess depends on your balance.

Good luck!
    I completely agree with smokey's statement about calling your credit card companies. Insist that they put it in your record that you have called.
    If you need to negotiate a smaller than normal payment - tell them and see if they will work with you. The last thing you need right now is bad credit for your future. As long as you make some attempt - it is much better than doing nothing.

In the meantime - you have my prayers that a wonderful job will open up soon and solve your problems.

Don't let yourself get too down - we are all here for you.

Hugs to you.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962 View Post
    Well, she just called and admitted that she knew it was a possibility, and that she was chicken to tell me. This is classic her.... anything to avoid conflict. She told me I can have until July 10 off with pay if I want it. I told her I won't be in tomorrow, but that I would be in to get some things, maybe Friday and that I would let her know if I would finish any of the projects I am working on. At this point, I don't know. My heart says yes, because I DO believe in the agency, but the ^$*^ in me says, why should I do them any favors? I told her I would sleep on it... who am I kidding, I am not gonna get any sleep tonight!
    I know you're very emotional now, but when that passes, you need to start thinking logically. She may have not told you because she was doing everything possible to make it NOT happen. The final decision may have not been up to her. She may have fought for you but was over ruled. You don't know the whole story, so don't be so quick to blame her. You need to keep her on your side. You need to be professional and complete your duties. Someone there may be watching your conduct and be impressed with a more mature attitude -- they may be the one to put in a good word for you FOR YOUR NEXT JOB. Don't burn bridges. This isn't personal. It's business. I know it feels like a betrayal -- but it's not. It was a decision that someone up above made that probably doesn't even know you. You're not doing them favors by completing your assignments -- you're showing that you're a mature, loyal employee. One that they will be sorry to lose -- and quick to recommend to someone else.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I haven't posted for a while, but I am still here... at least sporadically! I wanted to updat eevryone on my situation. First, I am not finishing out my time at the office; it was a mutual decision reached with my boss and myself. I am olay with that. My sweetie and I went last night and got all of my personal things from my office and I do feel better about everything now. My ex- boss tells me she will write me a letter of recommendation, and has even given me a couple of job leads.

The best news of all..... I have 2 interviews tomorrow! While they both sounds great, and challenging, one has no benefits. But that would be okay as I would take it to fill in the gap and pay bills! I am enjoying some time off, helping some friends with child care, cleaning the house well, but mostly job hunting! Oh... and Tabby and Sasha are LOVING havine me around all day!

Thank you all for your support and suggestions! I appreciate them all. I will keep you posted. My computer has a virus, so my computer time is limited to library and friend's computers!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

I'm sorry you lost your job and I know that has to be tough. I like you don't have any money saved up but my 401k that I would have to use to pay my mortgage should my job be eliminated. But the good part is you seem to be in great spirits and already have some interviews lined up. That is great. Good luck and keep thinking positive. Sending good vibes your way.