Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinot's Mousie Game

Pinot's Mousie Game

I know there aren't many of you that can relate to this specifically, given the equipment used for this game, but it should give you a chuckle, anyway!

We have in our house a "stair chair"-my husband's Mom lived with us the last year of her life, and we needed it to transport her on the steps. We didn't remove it; I use it for laundry! The track runs the length of the steps and the transport chair sits at one end or the other until needed. Now, on to the game...

Pinot has a catnip 'mousie' that's her constant companion. Many nights, usually 3 or 4 in the morning, we'd wake to hear Pinot's noise she makes when she carries mousie up or down steps-it's kind of a "meeowwllll" type noise that bounces with each step. We'd hear her come up, then run down quickly, and repeat several times. We found out why. Pinot runs up with mousie in her mouth, making the noise, then puts mousie at the top of the stair chair track and runs down while mousie slides down. Pinot then picks mousie up and does it again several times. It's hysterical. We have an amusement park for a mousie on the steps!!

This is absolutely hysterical! You are so inventive in your house, both on the washing transporter and the mousie slide!

When can we expect a video?

What a bright girl your Pinot is! She certainly knows how to entertain herself!

Pinot is definitely a bright girl! As for the video, I'm sorry, we're not equipped for that; and I'm not taking pictures at 3 in the morning - we are learning how to sleep through it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    - we are learning how to sleep through it!
    Amazing what you can adapt to, isn't it?

Sounds too funny & cute.. Could you please video this next time??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties View Post
    This is absolutely hysterical! You are so inventive in your house, both on the washing transporter and the mousie slide!

When can we expect a video?
    Better yet, when will you mail the video to AFV?
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had to chuckle at the mental picture I got of this, when I first read it. I also recently put it to the test.

I was visiting my brother in August and he has a chair lift to his basement office, work shop and laundry. I thought I'd try to interest his 2 cats in this game, so I took one of the kitty balls and rolled it down, retrieved it, rolled it down again, and again, and again. Smokey the snobby Persian just looked at me and got that "it's beneath my dignity" look and walked away early on in my endeavors. Cocoa the Meezer watched for a little longer, and after giving me that "have you lost your marbles" look, left me to play this game by myself.

Obviously, they just don't know how to have fun!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'll have to send Pinot to have a chat with them, Ellie. She'll show them how to have fun!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

It would be worth a 3am camera shoot for your PT pals! I'm sitting at my desk at work giggling, thinking of Pinot meowlll-ing her way up and down the stairs after mousie!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I know there aren't many of you that can relate to this specifically, given the equipment used for this game, but it should give you a chuckle, anyway!

We have in our house a "stair chair"-my husband's Mom lived with us the last year of her life, and we needed it to transport her on the steps. We didn't remove it; I use it for laundry! The track runs the length of the steps and the transport chair sits at one end or the other until needed. Now, on to the game...

Pinot has a catnip 'mousie' that's her constant companion. Many nights, usually 3 or 4 in the morning, we'd wake to hear Pinot's noise she makes when she carries mousie up or down steps-it's kind of a "meeowwllll" type noise that bounces with each step. We'd hear her come up, then run down quickly, and repeat several times. We found out why. Pinot runs up with mousie in her mouth, making the noise, then puts mousie at the top of the stair chair track and runs down while mousie slides down. Pinot then picks mousie up and does it again several times. It's hysterical. We have an amusement park for a mousie on the steps!!

AW!! I would love to see video of that! Pinot is one smart kitty! I love the sound cats make when carrying something in their mouths...priceless!

we'd wake to hear Pinot's noise she makes when she carries mousie up or down steps-it's kind of a "meeowwllll" type noise that bounces with each step.
    My Phoebe makes a weird noise when she picks up her catnip mice too! It's like a very low "OWWWWWWWWWWWWW" noise! When she first did it I thought she was in pain, I rushed to her and found that she was simply trotting up the stairs with her mouse in her mouth! She then dropped it by my feet - how sweet.

The mousey game sounds great, it would be good to see this in action!

That is really creative! I would also love to see video of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jensonnyjenson View Post
    My Phoebe makes a weird noise when she picks up her catnip mice too! It's like a very low "OWWWWWWWWWWWWW" noise! When she first did it I thought she was in pain, I rushed to her and found that she was simply trotting up the stairs with her mouse in her mouth! She then dropped it by my feet - how sweet.

The mousey game sounds great, it would be good to see this in action!
    Tink has one of those furry mice with feathers on it that she carries around and ME-OWWW-ORRRRs about too! I thought the same thing the first time she did it I thought she was in distress. She carries it around making that meowing noise, hides it under something, watches it for a bit and then pounces on it. It really is so funny to see!

I love cats!

Pinots Mousie Game

Lets play a little game. Ill ask something and then the next person will reply if they have it/use it and then shell ask another question and so on.

I use mousturizer every day. Do you?

That is a wonderful game your Pinot has invented!
    And I love your idea of using the chair for laundry...I could use TWO of those in my house since the washer and dryer are in the basement. We have a laundry shute that goes from the upper level down to the cellar, but it doesn't take the laundry back up in reverse, LOL!

My Molly would probably learn to play that game from Pinot. She has 3 different toys that I'm not sure if she is playing Mommy to or using them as her hunted prey, but her behavior is similar to Pinot's minus the chair rail for the toys to slide down.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit