Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, we know what puppy we're getting!

Finally, we know what puppy we're getting!

'tis I, iggylove again.
    In previous posts, I've noted getting an Italian Greyhound puppy. And after contact with a breeder (who has referred us to a few others), we finally know which puppy we're getting. Right now we don't have him, but we're hoping to get him soon-- or in mid-February. His current name is Mario, and here is a picture of him.

Isn't he adorable? My family and I are already in love with him! We all can't wait until we get him!
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness forgot about dogs."

He is adorable!! What a sweet expression he has! How old is he in the picture? There is an italian greyhound that comes to our dog park with his big brother greyhound. They are such beautiful dogs! Congrats!

Jen, is your dog a flat coated retreiver?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

The picture was taken when he was 16 weeks old. Now he's 20 weeks old, but he hasn't changed much since then.
    I showed the picture of him to a few of my friends and they loved his expression, too!

He is cute. I have a mutt who I believe is part whippet. From what I have read she has a whippet personality (loves to run outside but pure couch potato inside, quiet, a little skittish). I would imagine Italian Greyhounds are similar. In my opinion, they make the cutest and best pets!

Originally posted by sleipnir:
    <STRONG>Jen, is your dog a flat coated retreiver?</STRONG>

Audrey, I don't know what he is? I adopted him for the local shelter when he was about 6 months old. He does look alot like one but he has brown feet and white under his tail... And he's HUGE!! He's a little over least 3 ft tall to the top of his head! I saw pics of Barbiro's Lady and he looks alot like her. I have to get some better pics of him to post and have everyone give their opinion...

cool, he does look like one i think in that pic you have there :] looking fwd to seeing the other pics

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Congratulations on your puppy to be.
    He has the sweetest look about him.

----<---<--<{(@

Congrats!! Italian Greyhounds are awesome! I recommended one to a family who kept coming into our shelter trying to find the perfect dog to fit them. They went to a rescue and found one. I received a Christmas card from them that was just beautiful talking about how much they LOVED their IG.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

He is adorable!!! What a great way to start the new year.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Now I'm even more excited about getting him. And don't worry, I'll be sure to post of lots of pictures.

Anyhow, we're still waiting for a response to see how soon we could get him, but I'm keeping hope that our breeder's friend, who lives near our city, will be able to pick him up! ^.^

We just adopted a 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier. He is the best thing that ever happened to this family. We have had other breeds in the past but this has got to take the cake. I think they are the one of the most intellegent dogs I have ever known. This guy is so funny every time we have Animal Planet on TV he runs up the screen and trys to attack it or any animal for that matter. I have even witnessed him watching Telivision for long periods of time. What a hoot!!!

Adorable dog! I know you can hardly wait!
    I love his nsme..Mario..how appropriate! He even LOOKS like a Mario LOL!

I've been Boooo'd!

Hehe! Well, our IG might turn into a television-watcher, too. Since IGs are pillow/comfort lovers, he'll probably be leaping on an extra seat in our living room, where the most pillows are kept, and mostly all the seats in the room are facing the TV. And I doubt he'll refrain from bounding off the couch when we're flipping channels and we pass by an animal program of some sort.

As for his name, we may or may not change it. Since he's been called 'Mario' for months now, he'll probably be used to that name, but we don't really fancy the name. If we can, we'll see if we get him to respond to the name we had picked for him: Vino. It means 'wine' in Italian.

What a handsome boy!! Congratulations! Italian Greys are so sweet! Can't wait to see more pics!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~