Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our beloved Willy is gone. SEE post #38

Our beloved Willy is gone. SEE post #38

As some of you know, Willy had been having quite a few problems with UTI's these past few months. He was starting to lose weight, wasn't eating all that much and was throwing up. We've been back and forth to the vets many times with him. The vet just couldn't understand why he just wasn't getting any better with all the medication he had been given. To make a long story short, as it is hard to see through the tears, with more x-rays, blood tests and an ultrasound, we finally found out why. Our dear Willy had cancer. So we made that dreaded decision we all hate to make and had him PTS yesterday to suffer no more. He was only 4 years old.

Rest in Peace my little Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky. I already miss you so very much.

This is my last picture of him chilling on the cat tree.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 06-22-2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Add on to the title.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh my - no way did I expect to read this today.

I'm so very, very sorry. {{{{hugs}}}} for all of you, and God Speed to Willy. What a greeting he will receive at The Bridge.

oh NOOOOO - Lorraine, I am so so so SORRY...

Dear Willy, you and your vet did all you could for him to find out why he was sick. He was so loved, and loves you too.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

ETA: I went looking for a baby pic of Willy, and all photos seem moved or deleted. Gad - he was just a young guy, this is so unfair.

April 8 2005 to June 19, 2009. Very young and very extraordinary.

HUGS again.
    Last edited by Catty1; 06-20-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Lorraine, what a shock to read this terrible news about Willy. I am so sorry.

From taking him in originally, to trying so hard to find out what was wrong with him, you could not have done more for your beautiful boy. It is devastating that his life was so short, but it was a great life.

Lots of hugs to you.

Oh, Lorraine, I am so very, very sorry. What a beautiful young boy, gone way too soon to the Bridge. How heartbreaking and shocking this must be for you all.

You have given him the most wonderful home, full of friendship and warmth and comfort and love and good food. God bless you and give you comfort in your grief.

Rest in peace, dearest Willy, you are so much loved.

Love from Pat and the cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh no!!! Our sweet widdle Willy....oh Lorraine....I am so very, very sorry.

Godspeed to the fuzzy little gray ball we watched grow up...

I am so sorry. I didn't expect to see this news. My thoughts are with you. He was so beautiful.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I can only imagine the pain you are feeling right now. Willy was much to young to leave you. But he is pain free and romping around like a kitten up at the bridge.

RIP Willy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, Willy, sweet boy
    Cloud soft grey and plush with love
    You filled your hooman's heart with love
    Her ears with purrs
    And now, her eyes with tears
    But we know that in the end
    It is the love that will remain
    (And maybe a few grey hairs woven into
    the fabric of her home and life)
    But love - your love will live on
    And nothing can take that away.

Send her dreams of peace and kitten-soft kisees
    And let her know you ow are happy and free
    And will be with her for eternity.
    I've Been Frosted

Lorraine, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm in shock and having major LES while typing this. You did everything you could for him and gave him a wonderful caring loving home. He'll be missed but never forgotten. RIP sweet Willy. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Lorraine, this was a bolt out of the blue. I sure wasn't expecting this and I'm sure you weren't either. I love the last pic that you took of him chilling on his cat tree. It demonstrates just how happy he was and how loved and cared for. You did your absolute best for him and made his trip to the Bridge that much easier. Bless you and bless Willy. Peace to your aching heart, Lorraine.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so very sorry about your sweet Willy...What a terrible loss...So many of us here have been where you are now and know the pain you are feeling. I'm so sorry you lost him at such a young age...The fact that he had cancer at such a young age must have been a shock, but it sounds as though you had done all you could for him, and made the right decision, as difficult as it was. Please know that the thoughts and prayers of all of us here at PT are with you and your Willy today, and that he is happily playing at the RB now, and no longer suffering...He was so very loved while he was here...Cherish the memories you have of him and know that he will always love you and be with you...God bless...

Judy
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

I am so sorry about sweet Willy!!! Life is so unfair sometimes.
    Prayers and (((HUGS))).
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no! Willy has been such a Pet Talk baby. We all saw him arrive and grow up- I just cannot believe he's gone.
    Hugs to you Lorraine. We all are here with you mourning for him.

Oh My god Lorraine, I was so shocked to hear that Willy had passed on.
    Its one thing to lose a Cat thats older, as we have learned sadly that our Pet Companions are not immortal, but to lose such a Handsome Precious Cat so young is a tragedy.
    Willy has so many fans on this site, and there will be many LES when this sad news is learned.
    I was just looking at the 2006 Pet Talk Calemdar and Willy is so young there and full of life, that its a bad shock that hes gone so soon.
    You did all that you could for Willy, Lorraine and he appreciates that you gacve him a home full of love, and were his dearest friend.
    Willy has his wings of silver and gold now and is starting a tour of Provence and the French Riviera with the Animal Angel Army.
    But he will never truly be happy until you are all together in Monaco having the seafood and pates.
    And you all will be together in Paradise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS