Here's a note (below) from James Collins, Animal Control Officer at the Shelby County Animal Shelter. If you know of someone who is ready to adopt a pet, please share this info with them. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Nancy Guilliom, Volunteer Coordinator

Shelby County Humane Society

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:53:56 -0700
Subject: Shelbyville, KY:Shelby County has 85 dogs and over 100 cats...BEYOND URGENT! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello All,

Someone e-mailed me asked if the information in the plea below was a hoax. I assure you that this is a very true crisis we have on our hands. Out of the 85 dogs here, only 13 are confirmed to go to rescue. We only have 30 kennel runs so we are using every cage and crate available to us. We also have, at last count, 103 cats and kittens. Try fitting that number into 45 cats cages.

Overcrowding is not something we can do long. We will not endanger the health of the animals to save their lives. At the same time, we do not want to kill them either. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! Please, I am begging harder then I have ever begged before. I will gladly get on my knees for anyone who wants to see the desperation we are facing.

If you can help, please go to http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/KY139.html and choose one, two or three animals you can help. If you can not pull, cross post this e-mail like mad.

Next week at this time, I would love to have only half the animals we have now, but I do not want to have a full freezer. Please help!!!

James Collins, Free Agent

This e-mail adress is used to
support the Shelby County Animal Shelter
and it's mission to make Shelby County a
no kill county.

You may always contact the shelter using
the following information:

Shelby County Animal Shelter
266 Kentucky St.
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Phone: 502-633-0009
Fax: 502-647-9214
E-mail: [email protected]

Save a life. Spay/Neuter you pets or adopt a forever friend today!!

The Shelby County Animal Shelter and
the Shelby County No Kill Mission are
working together with local vets and other
animal groups to make Shelby County a No Kill County.
To learn how you can help the "NO KILL MISSION",
click the link below:

www.shelbycohumanesociety.com/clinic.htm

All donations are tax deductible. These funds
directly and immediately benefit only the animals at
the Shelby County Animal Shelter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear friends of rescue,

I am sitting in front of my computer in absolute shock. I just called the Shelbyville shelter and found out that they have 85 dogs and over 100 cats at the shelter. I am certain that this crisis is not over, as I’m just as certain that a lot of these animals are not from Shelby County . There was a story on the news about how the shelter has been no kill for over a year and suddenly they have exploded with animals. James cannot hold out much longer. There are only 30 kennels at the shelter, so you know how over crowded they are. I do NOT want to see the streak end!! I am on my knees here! I know most shelters are full (mostly thanks to our lovely economy), but, please consider pulling from James. For $58 you can get the animals spayed/neutered, shots, health certificate, and I believe a HW test (if not included, I know it’s not expensive).

I am, as always, willing to set up transport for any rescue willing to pull animals.

I know that some of you are not rescues or are breed specific, but, please, please, please consider cross posting and forwarding.

Here is the contact info for the shelter and the website!

Shelter Phone: 502-633-0009

Email: [email protected]

Thank you all!!

Molly A. Quinn

[email protected]

Transport coordinator for those in need!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!

Visit www.petfinder.com to see all the animals in need.

National statistics:
Only 1 out of 10 dogs born ever get a home. Only 1 out of 12 cats born ever find a home. 800 dogs & cats are KILLED each HOUR in the U.S, because there are not enough homes for them.

Saving one animal may not change the world, but, it will surely change the world for that one animal