Thread: It's been stressful here.

It's been stressful here.

Last Tuesday I was on my way to town when my car started to die in the middle of the road. Luckily I got it to a little abandoned parking lot before it completely died. (I was on a road that had no sides) I had to call my grandpa to come tow the car to the shop for me. I had virtually no money and so grandma offered to pay, and that meant I had to put up with grandpa. He's the type who gripes if they have to spend their money on me or my parents or brothers. My dad was the black sheep of the family, basically because he had a mind of his own and didn't mindlessly listen to what grandpa told him to do. But they were my last options. Grandma often wants to help but grandpa rarely lets her. Anyway, I had to listen to him all the way there and all the way back home. Thursday, we no longer had water running to the house. We rely on a well and the motor had broken. We had no money to fix that. Friday was my birthday, no fun without running water or car. Sunday night I took a "shower" in the rain...out of necessity. Not too pleasant. We've been using water from our neighbors water hose (with permission) Monday we went to pick up the car (my grandparents were out of town for a week). Had to listen to grandpa again. Had to ask for help with the motor in the well. Had to listen to him again. Got in the car to follow him to some parts house thing....and the car died in the road. Apparantly wasn't fixed completely. Made it to parts house. Listened to grandpa complain about having to buy a new motor for us. Tried to talk to him about the car still not running good. He wouldn't listen, had "somewhere to be" Grandma was pretty sure she would no longer be able to help us because of what it all cost. He left me in the parking lot with the car not starting at all. Cell phone wasn't working, no one to call anyway. Finally the car started, somehow (by the grace of God) made it home. Dad tried to put the new motor in the well today. It STILL wouldn't work, apparantly something else is wrong. I have bills that are almost a week late, one for a refrigerador which could possible be taken back if I don't pay soon, and no way to get there to pay them. So, no running water, no car, no money and no options.

Hopefully things will start turning around for you soon. You'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Aww man, that all has to suck.

On the topic of the car, it sounds like the fuel injector in it is dying.
    Last edited by Hellow; 06-17-2009 at 09:42 AM.

I don't know what to say. Sometimes listening is all that can be done. Things will improve for you soon. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Wow, it's been a rough week for you. I'm sorry your birthday was not so much fun. But please be happy that you are alive and healthy. Having lost a good friend way to young last week, most things that would normally seem tragic tend to not be so bad afterall.

I hope you get your car fixed and get water back in the house soon.

Reggie, I believe the new motor she is referring to is for the well at the house, not the car.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Reggie, I believe the new motor she is referring to is for the well at the house, not the car.
    Ah, ok. I'll correct my post.

First off Happy Birthday no matter what, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
    Second when I have times like that I try and find a way to make extra money, it's very very very hard now a days but you just have to push yourself. Dog sitting, baby sitting, housecleaning a second or even a third job is sometimes needed to get over the rough patch, it won't last forever.
    The satisfaction you will get from being able to take care of yourself and to solve your money worries will feel so good. Be creative and don't take NO for an answer. You have the ability to help yourself. Best of luck.

My grandpa, dad and brother were out working on the well all day today. Finally got it to work-somewhat. We'll run it a little and then it will go off and someone has to go out and prime it again and then it'll run a little and go off. But everyone managed to get a shower (or bath in Nathan's case) and the dishes got washed. Didn't manage a load of laundry yet. It still needs more work done on it.
    Grandpa decided he would help with the car again. Today he took it to a mechanic he knew who'll hook it up to a computer and actually (hopefully) fix ALL of the problems and not just some of them. So I am hopeful and happy that I should have a running car within the next few days.

Marigold-I would have tried to find an extra job, but with no car it would have been very far. The closest thing to us takes 3 hours to walk to (and they don't need help) everything else is at least 30 minutes (driving, haven't tried walking it) from there.

There are some jobs you can do on the interent, not sure how old you are. There are also classes you can take on-line, education is the key to helping yourself. Is moving closer to a more populated area an opinion? Do you have a friend or relative you can live with in a city area where jobs and education are easier to find? Do you have children of your own? Or are those brothers and sisters of yours? It's so much easier without children to get ahead in life.