Thread: The t-shirt game

The t-shirt game

Our Sophi girl who came to us pregnant. Talking to the guys next door, she belonged to them but they never got her fixed and over the years she had several litters of kittens. Because they didn't realy take care of her she desided to leave and find other people (us).

Now every night about bedtime, she goes running into the bedroom, jumps on the bed, turns around and attacks the covers. This is the sigh that she is ready to start the game. I then take a t-shirt by the shoulders and hold it up infront of me. I then throw the it over her front half. She will then jump back about 2 feet out from under the shirt. I then pick up the tail part and drag it tword me and she attacks it. I then throw the tail part over her head and she jumps back and so on. We do this for about 10 jumps and then she is done and we can peacefully go to bed.

Things to watch out for when playing this game. Don't throw it on her if her rear end is to close to the edge. If it is she will launch right off the bed and it's just emberassing for everybody and the game is over. Do not play while other cats are on the bed. She will jump right in the middle of one and the fight is on and the game is over.

I have to admit that this is a game the she came up with one day while I was folding cloths.
    Sophi is now fixed and has a full food dish and a full time job being pretty and making sure that the other cats stay in line.

Mostly Orangies all the time!

Sophi's game..

Quote Originally Posted by Pumacat View Post
    Our Sophi girl who came to us pregnant. Talking to the guys next door, she belonged to them but they never got her fixed and over the years she had several litters of kittens. Because they didn't realy take care of her she desided to leave and find other people (us).

Now every night about bedtime, she goes running into the bedroom, jumps on the bed, turns around and attacks the covers. This is the sigh that she is ready to start the game. I then take a t-shirt by the shoulders and hold it up infront of me. I then throw the it over her front half. She will then jump back about 2 feet out from under the shirt. I then pick up the tail part and drag it tword me and she attacks it. I then throw the tail part over her head and she jumps back and so on. We do this for about 10 jumps and then she is done and we can peacefully go to bed.

Things to watch out for when playing this game. Don't throw it on her if her rear end is to close to the edge. If it is she will launch right off the bed and it's just emberassing for everybody and the game is over. Do not play while other cats are on the bed. She will jump right in the middle of one and the fight is on and the game is over.

I have to admit that this is a game the she came up with one day while I was folding cloths.
    Sophi is now fixed and has a full food dish and a full time job being pretty and making sure that the other cats stay in line.
    Sounds like you both enjoy this game. Cats love things repeated and never tire of playing the same game over and over again. It is one way they relate to us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Sophie seems to really love her new home now.that sounds like a fun game for her,i may try it on mine.
    i sure hope the people next door know that sophie is yours now (in case they move and try to scoop her away from you).
    she's so loved now by you and so happy

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

I am going to try this with Chaz, because every morning on my litter box rounds when I go into the bedroom he jumps on the bed, wanting to play. I have an old paper towel cardboard roll that I toss at him to hug and kick. Look forward to seeing if he will enjoy the T-Shirt game!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

This is very much like the game my wife plays when she puts new sheets on the bed. BUT it is played with at lest 3 cats Penny, Peak, and Lucky are the usual ones but there have been as many as 6.
    1. take old sheets off bed
    2. put on fitted sheet
    3. wait for crew to arrive
    4. fling top sheet so that it floats on to whole bed covering crew.
    5.wait as each finds their way out from under sheet
    6. repeat 3-4 times
    7 after crew is tiered finish making bed.
    8. Crew will return for naps.
    9. Crew rearranges sheet for their comfort
    10. Do not disturb as crew settles’ in.
    GILL & Crew;

My girl kitty, janni, inevitably likes to lie on my side of the bed right on top of the blankets and bedspread. So when I decide it is time to turn over the bed and go to bed..I just turn the blankets, etc. over with her in them. She seems okay with it and knows it is time to move over. This gets repeated almost nightly. I guess you could say she warms up my side for me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.