Thread: Do you think this will work?

Do you think this will work?

After spending almost an hour cleaning my basement, sweeping up litter, cleaning litter boxes and finding a couple of #2's on the floor I have created a new sign for my cats. Do you think this will work?

Feel free to use this sign if you have an issue with your cats doing this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by happylabs; 06-22-2009 at 03:09 PM.

LOL! Let's hope your kitties can read! Fortunately, I don't have such problems with Fister. However, he will scream and shout for me, when he wants attention - which is every 10 min!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I w/ya! When I first rescued, I posted a sign near their food dishes and litter boxes "Be neat or you may only be a visitor here". I was so frustrated! But they were feral so they had to learn manners and I had to learn patience. Hang in there!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Cute sign, but I'll pass on using it.

In my house poop outside of the box is usually a welcome thing for several reasons...

1) I have a Megacolon cat (Jack) who any poop out of him is a good thing.

2) Usually if Jack is getting a bit constipated I up some of his meds and in a couple days he poops, it's usually outside the box when he does, and it's HUGE.

3) Poop is MUCH easier to clean up than the cat pee from my two urinary problem cats.

While it may be annoying to have poop outside the box, you can see that in my house it's not such a bad thing. lol

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm with you, but....
    Pinot has a bit of an aim problem...and I know it's not uncommon. She stands at the corners for #1 and quite a bit ends up on the carpet under her box (which is washed frequently), and #2 ends up some in the box, and some behind it. Ah well, it's in the right area!

Oh these little poopy piles I found were no where near the litter box.
    Thank goodness my litter boxes are in the basement!

I have put up signs, too!! I had one in the laundry room, where one of the boys was spraying: Barry and I work very hard to keep your house neat and clean. We would greatly appreciate if you would be so kind to use the litterbox. THANK YOU. The cat NEVER sprayed there again......

I truly believe that they pick up on what the sign says, not intellectually, of course but psychically. I saw a woman on TV once tell how her house had been overrun w/ants and she put up a sign and they were gone the next day. I was joking when I put up my sign but, as I said, I really do believe that they can get the gist of the sign.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Since the floors have been refinished here, I moved the litter boxes down cellar and like that so I am leaving them down there.

I NEED THAT SIGN! Thanks so much, are you a mind reader? LOL

And for some gosh darn reason, Mandy will NOT go down there, so she is using . . . any upholstered chair / sofa she comes to. I have everything covered with plastic, but summer heat is on the way and that is not going to comfortable for US HUMANS, who also happen to live here.

THe things I do for these pets. Tsk, tsk tsk!

I feel your pain. My cat poops outside the box all the time. Just when I think he's "fixed" and using the box he goes and poops next to his food bowl. Go figure especially since cats aren't supposed to do that!

I'm trying to find a way to keep him from peeing on an upholstered chair too. My problem is that my bf doesn't know about the problem so I can't do anything that he can see or he'll make me get rid of the cat. Right now I have a printer that I'm putting in the garage sale on the chair to discourage my cat...unfortunately that didn't stop him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by emo View Post
    I feel your pain. My cat poops outside the box all the time. Just when I think he's "fixed" and using the box he goes and poops next to his food bowl. Go figure especially since cats aren't supposed to do that!

I'm trying to find a way to keep him from peeing on an upholstered chair too. My problem is that my bf doesn't know about the problem so I can't do anything that he can see or he'll make me get rid of the cat. Right now I have a printer that I'm putting in the garage sale on the chair to discourage my cat...unfortunately that didn't stop him last night.
    I have a better idea...hee hee...get rid of the boyfriend.
    Cats are much better companions and never demand such things.

LOL this is funny maybe they will listen i hope they do
    I love my cats sooo much!!.

litter with lid

I had the same problem with Lulu. She seems to use only the corners or let's say the border of the litter not the middle. I solved this problem by investing in an enclosed litter box. If I clean her litter and forget to replace the lid, accidents happen! But its solved!!

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Be Glad you dont have:

Sphynx or Himalyan Cats Egyptian and Indian or Pakistani is much more difficult to write!
    Oooopppss!!!

Heck if I thought that would work I would make up a bunch of these.. No I dont think this will work.. Wishfull on your part..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>