Thread: Update on Dobby

Update on Dobby

I haven't been able to find the original thread about Dobby so I've started this one so that you can see his progress. This is the email that I just received:

Latest on Dobby is that he’s wearing his leg brace nearly 12 hours a day. He has to do range of motion exercises three times a day and physical therapy on the back leg once a day. However, at worst, he’ll only need a tendon repair, at best, he’ll regain most of his function in that leg. The other two legs are not going to be operated on. The doctor and physical therapist feel that those legs have 75-80 percent function, the joints have fused, and to rebreak would put his weight on the severely injured leg. Right now, he’s going to PT every day during the week, and Rebecca and John are doing his ROM exercises morning, noon, and night. The orthopedist and PT are hopeful that no surgery will be needed. If it is, they are suggesting waiting for several months and letting him wear the brace during that time, to strengthen the tendons as much as possible. Part of the problem is that his leg was so injured, the tendons were lax. The brace not only forces the bones and muscles into the right position, it holds the tendons in place and it’s hoped that this will eventually cause the body to shorten them and bring them back into place too. The PT said it’s not unheard of.

He has an assortment of exercise equipment. We were lucky to have the funds, because even without the surgery, the rounds of x-rays, the daily PT, and all his accessories have cost money. But in the end, this kitty, although maybe never 100 percent “normal” will live out a happy, normal life. Rebecca said that everyone who meets him falls in love with him, and she’s had numerous people, even in the waiting room, ask about adopting him. I wish all special needs cats had such great stories. Even at the worst, he will be like Magic Max, who learns to do his little hop/run and is on glucosamine daily—and that is it for now.

In six weeks, the PT will release him, and he will go to his forever home with Mari. She will continue to do his exercises, and he’ll continue to wear the brace, but will follow up with Mari’s vet in Houston for x-rays in six months.

Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That story has a GREAT ending.. What a wonderful update!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

GREAT NEWS, we just need more happy endings like this.
    GILL & Crew;

Such a wonderful story. God bless everyone who helped to bring this about!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thats such an inspirational story on Dobby, and if some can snail mail me his address, there will be an AWA Mouse or Two on the way foe Dear Dobby to play with!!!
    What a Brave Cat!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

WoW that is such Great News.. So glad all is turning out good for him.. He is a brave wittle young man..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    Thats such an inspirational story on Dobby, and if some can snail mail me his address, there will be an AWA Mouse or Two on the way foe Dear Dobby to play with!!!
    What a Brave Cat!!!
    Gary, here is Darling Dobby's Web Site: http://www.tomballsos.org/animals/de...imalID=1389799

Contact Dobby's foster at [email protected] for information about Dobby.

And here is his snail-mail address:
    c/o Tomball SOS
    Magnolia, TX 77354

Helene, are they anywhere near you??!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery