Thread: Weeing indoors everynight

Weeing indoors everynight

We have a Staffy, we got here from a rescue home about 7 years ago so guess she's around 13/14 years old.
    She has been the best dog in the world........barked when she wanted to go out for her toilet and barkes when she wanted to come in, she used to go everywhere with us, never needed her to be on a lead either, great with our children, the list goes on just how great she was.
    Probably for the last 6 months at least she has become a different dog. She cannot go all night without weeing on the floor even though we have let her out before we go to bed, she even wees in her bed and then proceeds to sleep in it.
    We wash her blanket every day and dissinfect the hallway where she sleeps but it beginning to smell the house out, luckily the hall is ceramic tiles.
    Any idea what we can do to remedy this.
    She is losing out because as she smells of wee none of us want to stroke or cuddle up to us anymore....a real shame but we have not got the time to keep bathing her as she does it almost everynight.
    Hope you can point us in the right direction.
    We are going to take her to the vet this weekend and hopefully he can help us.

A vet visit is needed, I am glad you said you'll be doing that. I am sure it is a medical problem, given her age, not a behavioral one, and hopefully it is one that is easily solved.
    I've Been Frosted

We had this issue with our JRT mix, Millie and she's now on a twice weekly pill which has worked wonders!

I hope your baby can be helped as well. I know of at least 2 medications they can prescribe for this, if it's just a urinary tract muscle issue. Those muscles can loosen up when they've been spayed and/or when they get older and it causes leaking. Millie's was pretty severe and if we miss one of her pills, she'll leak a good bit a day or so later.

Glacier's Pirate had a similar problem when she first moved in. Medication fixed her up fine. Hopefully you will have the same luck

Huh. I came on to post about my Marlin, who in the last 5 days has started peeing where he is lying, doesn't even know he is doing it. And I see your thread.

I was going to ask if it a UTI, or age (Marlin is 10). I DO know I need to get him in to the vet for this. I think there are also meds for the males, especially if it is age related.

Good luck with your gal!

~ Bump ~

How are things going with your dog?

5 more days have passed, 10 since the original post - no updates. I just sent a pm to the author of this topic.