Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corkscrew is sick again. Long Overdue Update 8/27

Corkscrew is sick again. Long Overdue Update 8/27

I'm not sure if any of you remember when Corkscrew was really sick two years ago and I spent over a month having to force feed him, but it looks like I'm going to be doing that again. He stopped eating and started vomiting bile on Sunday so we went to the vet yesterday.

I just got off the phone with the vet about his results and his liver enzymes are high which leads the vet to think that he has fatty liver disease again. However when he compared the results to Corkscrew's results last time he noticed that his thyroid levels are high and last time they were normal. Now we are going to have to run addition tests to check for hyper thyroid.

I started the force feeding last night which he doesn't seem to enjoy, and he has kept most of it down I noticed when I got home from work that he did throw up part of his breakfast but he did manage to hold down all of his dinner last night and I'm getting ready to feed him again right now.

Keep us in your thoughts that he gets better and with this next text we can figure out what is really wrong with him. Money is a little tight since I got laid off back in February, thankfully I have a new job but I just don't have the extra money that I used to anymore.
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 08-27-2009 at 08:19 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Hi there Corkscrew, what's this I hear that you don't feel good? Many prayers are being prayed that your whitecoat will figure this out and you'll be all better before you know it. Please ask your Meowmie to give you lots of feel better scritchies and lovies from me? And please let us know how you're doing?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Not my sweetie Corkscrew, sick again!

prayers that you regain your appetite so you won't need force feeding.

then more prayers that a cause is found and a cure is quick.

Aww! Prayer for Corkscrew are going now. May he feel better soon and bounce right back to his old self.. Poor baby!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

oh i am so sorry to hear about corkscrew, it is so upsetting when our furbabies are sick and so worrying too for us meowmie's, I hope your furbaby, improves soon and takes to the force feeding a little better, good luck and many well wishes for your sweet baby.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

The absolute worst times are when one of our babies are sick! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Corkscrew

I feel so bad for him. He takes off and hides the second he sees me reach for the can of cat food. I know that he really hates it so hopefully he will start to eat on his own so I don't have to do this anymore. He held down all of his lunch and I just finished giving him dinner. I remember last time he held down about half of his meals, I remember having to clean up vomit daily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will hold down this meal too.
    I've been Defrosted!

Porr Corkscrew! Poor Laura!

There is just no way to make them understand it is for their own good.

Good thoughts for a quick recovery!

Laura, I'm sorry to hear that he's sick again. Hopefully he'll start eating on his own again. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Poor Corkscrew and poor mommy! You'll both be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to hear about Corkscrew. I've never had to force feed any of my cats but I know how it is to see them run in the opposite direction when they see me coming because I have to give a subq or meds. It makes you feel so bad, doesn't it? I do hope that things turn around quickly for him. You're in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

If theres one thing that saddens Pet Lovers , it when Our Friends are ill, and we are so scared that it could be serious.
    You feel so helpless , and you pray that your White Coat can give them more time to love them.
    Prayers are coming from All Of Us for Corkscrew , and Our Pet Talker Angels will see if they can temppt him to eat.
    Please eat and get better for all of your fans Corkscrew.
    PLEASE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I do remember when Corkscrew was sick last time. I am sorry to hear it is again. I hope the thyroid has something to do with it all, as it is easy to treat. Laura- have you explored a holistic approach to this? Some times the holistic vets have ideas not typically seen by the traditional vets. Not good or bad (unless it saves your cat) just different. My mom switched to a more holistic vet and has seen wonders in her cat. Just a thought.

Even though Corkscrew runs...just keep reminding yourself it is for his own good. Hugs to you, and well wishes to Corkscrew.

I woke up this morning and Tibby was very jaundiced so I raced her to the vet. We are all stumped as to why both of my cats are having liver failure. When it was just Corkscrew I figured that it was just a flare up, but now it's also Tibby. For the time being Pocky is fine but I will be keeping a very close eye on her. I have searched the house over to check to see if there is anything that could possibly be making them both ill but I haven't found anything.

We are treating Tibby the same as Corkscrew however this time we added a viral test, which we chose not to do on Corkscrew originally as the last time they all came out negative and he is indoor only. We also did a test to check for any toxins. Hopefully we figure this out soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Oh no, I wonder what's going on! I hope that you get to the bottom of it soon. It must really be worrying you. You have my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11