Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The last of the intro pics...

The last of the intro pics...

Here's the last of my crew of dogs. I don't have a picture of Delta (the foster dog) yet--well, I do, but he's a black blur in all of them LOL I don't think he's stopped running since he got out of the shelter a month ago.

This is Bandit. We are his third home. He's almost 6. He has been physically abused most of his life. We've had him for over a year now. We had been trying to convince our neighbor to give him up for several months, when they decided to move. They asked us to keep for a couple weeks until they got settled. We haven't heard from them since. One night several months after they moved we came home one night and found his AKC papers and a couple leashes in a bag by our door. We've had him microchipped and neutered. He's ours now! He's a dominant male, not great with other male dogs. VERY chatty. Bandit has something to say about everything. He lives in a smaller pen with Sleet. They get along very well.

And this is Antare, the lastest foster dog. He'll be one on Halloween. He's been at the shelter since he was 3 months old with his littermate, Delta. They came to live with us about 6 weeks ago.They are both very timid little guys, but Antare is coming out of his shell faster than Delta. He's a sweetie and great with other dogs.

More beautiful dogs!

I love all the photos of your dogs (and cats)! Do you have any group photos of the dogs, maybe even one of them all hooked up to the sled?

Re: More beautiful dogs!

Originally posted by Vermontcat
    I love all the photos of your dogs (and cats)! Do you have any group photos of the dogs, maybe even one of them all hooked up to the sled?
    This was taken when I was just starting to sled--needed some dogs who had a clue LOL, It is me driving the sled and my mushing friend riding in the basket (brave soul!)

Group shots are hard to get sometimes but I have a few...
    This is Muskwa, Kayleigh and Earle.

Hoodoo, Goldie and Earle--waitng to be released from the pen--It's over an acre in size, but they act like it's a tiny kennel!

And here's Preacher and Franklin waiting for me to get organized to go skijoring.

Thank you!

Those are great group photos of your dogs! I am so glad you joined pet talk and have all these wonderful photos of all your wonderful pets! It has been raining here all day and you really brightened my day!

Again, Great pics! Your dogs are so beautiful!

Hey Glacier!

Just wanted to tell you, I've been enjoying all the pics of
    your dogs. They're Gorgeous!

Par...

Thanks for sharing those pictures! You pooches are all gorgeous!

Hey, can I move in? Those dogs are beautiful! And the snow....I love snow.....
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

I love the pictures!! Your dogs are awesome. It must be really fascinating getting to know each one individually with regards to personality and temperament. It's a good thing you rescued Bandit, he probably adores you for it. I tell you, some owners can be so cruel just leaving their pets behind.

Which one is the alpha in the group and which one gets to go in the front of the sled? How is that decision made? Is the training a lengthy process? This is really very interesting.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Originally posted by Barbiro

Which one is the alpha in the group and which one gets to go in the front of the sled? How is that decision made? Is the training a lengthy process? This is really very interesting.
    Muskwa is the alpha dog. He rules everybody and has pretty clearly established himself as the boss dog. He doesn't have to defend his title at all anymore. He runs lead with Sleet. Sleet came to us having always run lead. She won't run any other position--literally she won't move! And she won't run a single lead, she needs a dog beside her. Muskwa likes to be out front. I have run her with Hoodoo too--Hoodoo listens to me better than Muskwa. Muskwa's a daddy's boy!

Training can be a long, frustrating process. We have one dog, Earle who couldn't lead if his life depended on it. He's a great puller, but was born to be a wheel dog. He just doesn't have leader potential. We have been really lucky in that alot of our dogs came to us with working backgrounds so they knew the basics and we didn't have to train them to those commands. We had to train them ot be pets! The decision around here is left up to the dog. I think more competive kennels would make that decision differently. We currently are working on the ON-BY command as we have some trouble with head on passes of other teams. My neighbor, God Love him!, is trying to convince me to take one of his dogs to train my team with! His exact words were " I have 48 dogs, I'd like to get down to 25, How many do you want?" ROFL!!! Course he has a highly competitive, well trained, well cared for team..so I just might consider the idea!

Your dogs are all so gorgeous Thanks for sharing the pictures and telling us about them all. Wonderful.

Oh, this is just all so cool! The dogs are just absolutely beautiful. Roxey just loves to run & pull.....need another one?!
    Oh, I'm just kidding, I'm just a little upset with her at the moment (I think you commented on our little escapade of them being out on the road)
    Thanks for sharing the pics, they are awesome! It's nice to see someone else who has huskies. I've always wanted to talk to someone who had sled dogs, seems like quite a life you guys lead
    ! Can't wait to hear more!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Great pictures!! All of your dogs are so gorgeous!!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Reading about your fabulous furfamily transports to someplace faraway, remote and beautiful! The scenery, your dogs, are breathtaking!! An you mentioned over an acre "pen!!" Can I move in?? Such an amazing group, human and furry!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

WOW!!! What beautiful dogs you have!!!
    and all your great rescues!!!!!
    that is wonderful!!!
    your pictures are beautiful!!!!!
    the dogs look so happy!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids