Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norton Campbell 6/92-5/31/09

Norton Campbell 6/92-5/31/09

Sunday morning @ 0414, our much beloved Norton, left for the Bridge. He had been winding down since March. His body was just so tired. Norton came to us in September, 1993. Earlier in the summer, he was rescued from a sewer by animal control. " Bandit " as he was known at the shelter, because he stole from the workers lunches! I met " Bandit " when I was dropping off supplies. He had the run of the upper office. I asked what was his story, and the workers told me about his rescue. I told them they HAD to change his name to NORTON, after Ed Norton of the Honeymooners!!! I went home and told Barry about this year old cat, that at every adoption day, had been passed over for the kittens. Norton was home with us before the week was over!!! Norton had a great personality, was the offical greeter at the house. If you did not make a fuss over him that met with HIS satisfaction, he would walk in front of the guest, and throw himself on the floor, until he was given the attention HE thought he deserved!! Norton had an uncanny knack of predicting the snowstorms. He was so accurate, that a friend who works for NOAA was working on a contract for Norton. They could never get pass the catnip and nap clause, but Norton had the title of FURCASTER. We also never doubted the fact, that in another life, Norton was a Marine. We always watched him in utter fascination as he squared the corners of all our area rugs, instead of walking across the rug, as the other cats did. We were told by an animal communicator, when we asked the question: Were you a Marine?, that she heard a man's laugh and got the picture of a burly WWII Marine!!! Norton LOVED cheesecake, and his photo is at the local cheesecake shop.

As Norton aged, he continued his sweet ways. There was never a lap he could pass up. And in the evening, he was my reading, letter writing, and tv companion. He slept between our pillows every night, until the very end.

I told Norton just before he left for the Bridge, that there were so many Clan Cats there to greet him. We miss this great personality and the house seems so empty with Norton, who was always there to help out in whatever was going on. Sleep softly, Norton.... you are so missed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300058.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	42718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S5300002.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	42719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norton on new tree3_tight.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	42720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0050.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	42721  

I’m so sorry for your loss of Norton. He was a very handsome boy and you will miss his sweet ways, but he is so lucky to have shared his life with you, and you with him. But I can imagine how empty the house feels now.

I hope it will be a comfort that Norton lived a long an happy life with you, and I’m sure he appreciated you helping him to the bridge when he was ready.

Rest in peace, Norton, you will never be forgotten.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry about Norton. He was a beautiful boy. And a lucky one as well.

RIP Norton
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Norton was such a Good Cat , but in the long run we only have Our Cats for a shorrt time, before they graduate to being Angels.
    Our Animal are so good that they get to be Angels faster than we do, and generally get there ahead of us.
    Norton had such a nice Party commemerating his life , an idea I hope I can use when the Senior Found Cats are ready to move on.
    He is such a Wonderful Cat , and now he and the Campbell Angel Clan can riun the Campbell Angel Spirit House in Margate and then spend thier Fur Time with the Animal Angel Army on thier World Tour looking for that special piece of Paradise where you will be together furrever!

One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry to read that you lost the beautiful, green-eyed Norton. What a handsome boy indeed.

RIP Norton. I'm sure you'll join the Army of Greaters at RB.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm so sorry. Norton was a gorgeous guy, and it sounds like he was quite a character too.

RIP, sweet Norton. I bet there was a giant cheesecake waiting for you at the Bridge.

Norton was a beautiful boy. I can tell he had a personality to match. RIP, sweet one, you will be sorely missed.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Norton sounded like a great kitty and he was gorgeous.

Godspeed to the Bridge, dear sweet Norton, and Grace to your family on earth. Please touch base every once in a while to let them know you're OK!

Unhappy I'm sorry

I met sweet Norton on January, as Sandra said he was the official greeter of their home, he was a great host to us!! Also I had the honor of having him on my lap.
    He was so loving and sweet, I know he will be missed.

I'm so sorry for your loss dear Sandra, I can only send you and Barry a big hug from Herberth and myself and wish that the love of Our Lord would comfort you.

Descansa en paz dulce Norton y gracias por tu cariño

astrid

So sorry to read of Norton's passing. He sounded like he was an amazing cat, and lived a life full of love and joy in your home.

Play hard at the Bridge, sweet Norton!

Oh Norton, the time that our beloved furkids spend w/us humans is so brief that it seems like it's over in the blink of an eye. What a personality you had! It's no wonder that your humans will miss your sweet face. After your rest over the Bridge, be sure to eat plenty of your favorite cheesecake. You deserve it. RIP, sweet boy and peace to your human family.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Beautiful, handsome Norton - what a stunning kitty, and truly unique Marine cheesecake eater!

Prayers and hugs as you grieve, and Thank You for giving Norton a wonderful, marvellous life. He could not have had a better family.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I felt sad learning of Norton's demise, but had to smile a bit upon reading the tribute to him. What an interesting personality he had! Knowing when a storm was coming, flopping at visitors' feet if he wasn't fussed over enough, and walking around or squaring a carpet REALLY takes the cake! Gosh, he was so special and I can understand the tremendous void he has left in your household. I hope some night in bed you might sense his presence, and the experience will bring you comfort and help to ease your grief.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I'm so sorry to hear about Norton's passing. He sure was a very handsome boy with a wonderful personality. RIP sweet boy.

I am SOOOOOO sorry for you loss.

RIP Norton.