Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rest well, Paxil

Rest well, Paxil

I let Paxil go a couple hours ago. She would not have survived the night on her own. We just sped the process up a bit for her.

Her vet, my friend Candace, thinks Paxil had a mass in her stomach. She could feel something when she examined her. She thinks it started to bleed causing a clot in her spinal cord or her brain. She offered to do x-rays and some tests to determine where the clot was, but that knowledge would not have changed the outcome. Paxil had no nerve function in her back end, no reflexes, weak pulse. She was slipping away. Whatever it was that made her my Paxil was already gone.

I sat in her kennel with her for a couple hours, until she started to struggle to breathe. Then I asked Candace to help her cross. She offered no resistance and was gone before the injection was finished.

Paxil changed my whole life. The very first time I stood behind a dog team, she was my lead dog. When she retired this season, I considered it myself. There will never be another like her in my team.

I will miss her yelling at me to hurry up with her dinner; how she always waited until I got comfy to demand I fill her water bowl immediately; kisses from her spotted tongue; woooing at me in the yard; racing Sleet to the door to get back inside; I hate the empty blanket just inside the door beside the woodstove. She claimed that spot as hers the first night she was here and refused to sleep anywhere else.

Rest well, my girl. Thank you...
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Tamara,

I sit here with tears in my eyes - I am so very very sorry.

Play hard at the RB darlin Paxil - you sure were a beautiful girl ...

{{{hugs}}}
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Rip sweet girl your momma loved you. I am so sorry Tamara this is the hardest part of giving our hearts to our fur babies. You gave her a great long life she couldn't have asked for more.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I too am so sorry for your loss. Those happy memories that you have of your dear Paxil will become more cherished pieces of life as time passes. Hopefully soon they will bring smiles to your face rather than tears.

Unhappy Paxil ... the Only One of a Kind ...

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post

I sat in her kennel with her for a couple hours,
    until she started to struggle to breathe.
    Then I asked Candace to help her cross.

Paxil changed my whole life.
    The very first time I stood behind a dog team, she was my lead dog.
    When she retired this season, I considered it myself.
    There will never be another like her in my team.

Rest well, my girl.
    Thank you...

A Loving Tribute from a Loving Mom.

{{{Hugs}}} to Tamara and Stuart

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    You are a special woman. There are not many who can express their sorrows, joys and everything in between the way that you can. You shoot straight and rarely miss with your words, and this tribute to Paxil is nothing short of heartbreaking and wonderful. I am so grateful to "know" you and your pack. You have taught me so much about dogs and I thank you for that. And, now, having read your heart about Paxil, I realize now that I owe her thanks as well. Thank you, dear girl, for all you did for our lovely Tamara. You will be missed all throughout the world.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

There's a huge lump in my throat. I'm heartbroken along with you, Tamara. I'm so sorry you lost Paxil, but so happy that Paxil changed your life and that your memories will be forever beautiful and vivid and will carry you through your pain. Lead the Rainbow Bridge Team to Glory Paxil!

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm so sorry to read that Paxil has passed away. Your words bring tears to my eyes.

Rest well, sweet Paxil. Watch over your mom and dad.

I have no words to add, Kari said it all for me.

Please accept my deepest condolences. Race away to the RB, sweet Paxil.

I'm so sorry about Paxil. It sounds like she was very special to you.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Rest In Peace Paxil Play hard at the bridge sweetheart

I'm so sorry, Tamara and Stuart. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. She was a beautiful girl and made a profound difference in your life. Thank you Paxil for giving Mom such fond memories.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

LES here. I am so sorry. Paxil was loved right to the very end, and you gave her that final gift to ease her crossing. She is playing, running and having fun at the RB.

RIP sweet baby, and send some special blessings to your mama. She loved you and you will always have a special place in her heart.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Paxil, sweetheart, take the lead for the pack up there at the Rainbow Bridge, we know you will keep everyone in line and running true, now that strength and sight and hearing are yours again. You left some awfully big pawprints on momma's heart, and we know a part of you will always be there, curled up in a big fluffy ball, for when she most needs comforting.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Tamara,

I sit here with tears in my eyes - I am so very very sorry.

Play hard at the RB darlin Paxil - you sure were a beautiful girl ...

{{{hugs}}}
    Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    You are a special woman. I am so grateful to "know" you and your pack. You have taught me so much about dogs and I thank you for that. And, now, having read your heart about Paxil, I realize now that I owe her thanks as well. Thank you, dear girl, for all you did for our lovely Tamara. You will be missed all throughout the world.
    This goes for me, too. Eyes leaking in Chicago tonight. Paxil, you and Pirate woooo some comfort to your momma, please.
    More ((((HUGS))),
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Paxil was one of my favorite dogs on PT..

May she rest in peace, and she's very happy now..

Hugs to you!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred