Thread: Ellie Mae UPDATE...

Ellie Mae UPDATE...

For those who took the time to read about my sweet girl, thank you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers and get well wishes, my lil darling has turned the corner at long last, a week today since her dental and the unfortunate episode of cat flu on top of it, despite being vaccinated,she has been a very sick girl and i have been very worried about her.

Today she looks a lot better, her eyes are not running as much, the sneezing is minimal and she is back to her crazy self, she is a bit of a nutty kitty, but that is what we love about her and makes her so darn special, she has the gleam in her eyes, and her fiesty nature is back, she is on the mend, she will have a check up on thursday for her dental surgery, and hopefully we will get the all clear then.

It has been hard keeping the girl inside for so long,as she is not used to it and is probably my worst cat to keep inside, but we did it, mind you she was so sick she only tried to get out then gave up and went to sleep, but today she has tried relentlessly to get out, to a point of driving me mad, i have taken her outside and sat with her in the sun on the verandah, so she seems happy enough,much warmer down under today and the sunshine is finally out, we have had bitter cold winds, rain and certainly not the type of weather you want your kitty out in especially when not well.

She made me laugh yesterday, she had used the litter box for a pee, and i knew she had not done the other for two days, and i could see that was what she wanted to do, i had already cleaned it out for her, and she jumped up beside me , i said well go on use the box and do your poo, and she jumped down and did exactly that, i swear that girl understands everything i say, she is certainly one of my more clever cats, but i am sure it was purely co-incidental,but sure made me smirk.

Again thanks for your support, both kitty and i are on the mend, but hubby is down with the fullen blowen cold now, hoping melissa does not get it next as she has very important internal exams next week, so keep those prayers and thoughts a going if you can please, thanks everyone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am glad to hear she is doing a lot better and on the mend.. I know you are relieved.

Hay, I am not surprised she listened to you and did what you told her. I had one that did everything I told him and I use to ask him if he was collage educated because he was so smart. I tested him many times, always taking care not to move my hands or eyes but look at him and calmly say "You need to move from there, I can't see the TV through you!"... he would give me that cat-attitude look and ever so slowly get up and move. Everybody saw him obey like a trained dog and nobody could believe it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That's Wonderful News to hear Ellie-Mae is feeling better
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh, that's good news, Carole! Thanx for the update.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Good news indeed!

Prayers on the way for her continuing improvement and a good report at her check-up. Extra prayers added for hubby to get better quick and to keep that cold to himself!

Oh, that's fantastic, Carole!

More prayers that Ellie Mae and everyone else keep getting better and better.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    This Ellie is glad to hear that your Ellie is doing better.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks everyone , yes a big improvement, her eyes are looking much better too,she is still acting silly at times,keeping away from me, now that she is on the mend, she is back to her crazy old ways,but hey that is what i wanted wasn't it? will take her on wed now for her check up.

Hubby still full of the cold, Melissa complaining of a sore throat today, not good, at least she has like a week off before her exams for study, so if she is sick she can be all warm and cosy in bed, mind you she won't feel much like doing study,but such is life eh?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well Ellie was a wee darling at the vets, she just sits on the table and never moves,not such good news, as i feared her mouth has still not healed and is still quite red and inflamed, so another long acting two week injection of antibiotics required,she certainly is way better though and almost over the flu, i talked with Gabe the vet about her vaccinations, although it last for two years, he suggested i get her done every year to be on the safe side, so that is what we shall do,anything to keep my girl from suffering again, of course the flu can also affect the mouth so she probably has had a double whammy this time around.

So please keep those positive thoughts and prayers going, so that next check up she will finally be all healed ,otherwise it will be a course of steriods i think.

My poor Melissa is un well, and had her two exams today, she said they were horrible, and she came home straight to bed, so please keep her in your thoughts too, thank everyone, she has a math exam tomorrow.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole,

That is wonderful news!!! I'm sure you're relieved.

Hugs and kisses to you both!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

well Donna she is still healing, and i am hoping the second course of antibiotics work this time,still a way's to go yet.
    Furangels only lent.

Prayers continuing for Ellie Mae.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks Phesina, Ellie seems to be doing well, and i can tell when she yawns it is not near as painful, she was always a kitty who yawned a lot and big yawns, and she is doing it more like normal now, she is eating well , her left eye is still weepy a bit, but not much, i have done all the treatment there, and cannot give her any more,but will keep a very close eye on it, excuse the pun, i will saline solution it every day to make sure it keeps healing, it really is not near as bad as it was and appears not to be red inside anymore when you open it up to have a look.

She is back to her fiesty old self, and that makes me happy, i know my wee girl is well on the way to a being well again, so just have to rely on the antibiotics to do their stuff this time and hopefully on her next check up in two weeks, she will finally get the all clear.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole, it's good to hear that Ellie Mae is back to her old self. It's so sad when they just aren't acting and feeling right, makes me want to hold them all day. Prayers going up that she continues to improve.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks Mary, yes she is doing much better, i am not certain if the mouth is healed yet though , i will have to wait for the vets verdict in a week and half, as i am not keen to look and she is not too keen for me to look either,but her normal appetite which is always rather good is back,even though she ate pretty darn well considering her sore mouth and flu, i made sure she had some lovely soft ocean whitefish and tuna , fancy feast, it is really soft and she liked it a lot.

She is all snuggled up downstairs with my hubby, they all stay in at night times, but as ellie preferred to stay out in the cat shelter until bed time , i used to let her stay there, but of course since being sick that has been stopped, however i decided to continue with it and it is tough kitty love from now, on, they are doing what i want them to do from now on,she has adapted very well, tries to get out the cat door once and when i put the wood cover over it, she gives up and settles down to sleep for the night, i am much more happier and relaxed knowing they are all safe in side before dark,it is not a need for them to be out ,simply a want,they use the litter boxes no problem, so all is good.
    Furangels only lent.