Thread: The Kids Move Out!

The Kids Move Out!

There has been so much going on in our lives lately that I have not had time to post new happenings. About a month ago, Christy and Brian got an offer on their house in Cincinnati and even though it was low and they had to take a loss on it, they accepted it. The house has been on sale for over two years and they needed to get rid of it. On the same day, Christy got news that she had been accepted out of several appllicants to rent a house here in Findlay. So on weekends she went to Cincy, packed up all their belongings and with the help of Brian's stepfather and a few friends they got all of her stufff moved to Findlay.

The house has 4 bedrooms so each of the kids now have a room for themselves and their toys. One of the other bedrooms is used as a computer/toy room. The house has a great big fenced back yard so now Dakota, Destiny and Sierra have a big place to run.

The house is only about 5 minutes away so we still see lots of them. We miss them alot but it is also nice to have our house back and less noisy. Eight dogs are just way too many for our house size - and 2 kids and another adult made it even more crowded. Someone was always tripping over someone or some dog!

Brian was more hurt in Iraq last June when the suicide car bomber struck near him and threw him 40 feet. His back is pretty screwed up. He is back at his New York base now and is supposed to be chaptered out but he is not sure when. That is why Christy rented the house here so they would have a place to start over.

In the mean time, Carl and are enjoying being grandparents again, spoiling the kids rotten and then sending them back home to Mom!

It looks like I have no new pictures added to Shutterfly so I will try to add them later.
    Last edited by 4 Dog Mother; 05-21-2009 at 06:27 PM.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

so glad to hear this -
    see you this weekend!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Dog Mother View Post

Carl and are enjoying being grandparents again,
    spoiling the kids rotten and then sending them back home to Mom!

Christy hasn't caught on yet?

Happie Quiet Home!

Sounds like good news all round.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

lovely to hear from you, and that all is well.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It sounds like good news on both sides. I hope Brian can get his back feeling back to normal.

Great news! I hope Christy has fun decorating the new house and making it a home.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Sounds like good news for everyone
    See you tomorrow!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Yes, just as mom is enjoying having their space back, we are enjoying having a place of our own again.

By the way, I did catch on to the whole spoil and send home. But it will come back to bite them when the kids go to stay the night with them here and there. It's happened 2 times so far. Once so I didn't have to drop the kids off so early the morning I went down for closing and once so I could go out of town to visit the girls I baby-sat for when I was younger. They have since grown up and one has joined the Navy and was home for a few days after returning from her deployment so we had a bbq at her sisters in Lima.

Anyways, I do have some pics up.
    Jasmine chasing Dakota

Dominic

The kids running

So far, these are all from one night mom and dad came over with Dazzi and the dogs and kids were having a blast outside.

Fairly good shot of the back of our new place:

I'm so grateful my girls take so much from my kids:

I don't know what this face is for, but I thought it was adorable.

Some things never change, 3 bumps on my bed!

I am also enjoying decorating again. I've got a lot done, but there's still little bits I'm working on. I have taken some pics and will try to add those soon. But for now, at least you have seen the adventures the kids and dogs love in the backyard.

It looks like a perfect back yard for both kids and dogs! Congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted