Thread: Autographed Copies

Autographed Copies

Well, I hadn't considered that someone would actually want me to sign his or her book!

I have sat here and thought, and quite frankly I don't know how to deal with this situation. I have to order and pay for any books that I sell myself (I've already ordered 100), but so far as accepting money from someone, I do not know what the legal protocol is about that.

Anyone have any constructive advice for me on how to go about this?

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to PM me a request for the abbreviated version on PDF (10 chapters). I have had one request already. And please allow me a couple of days to get that sent to you.

I've PM'd you WO.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

What I have done in the past is have the person purchase the book, then send it to me with a self addressed pre-paid shipping pack.
    If not you may end up like my first it cost me a small fortune to re-ship.
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    What I have done in the past is have the person purchase the book, then send it to me with a self addressed pre-paid shipping pack.
    If not you may end up like my first it cost me a small fortune to re-ship.
    Thanks for the advice. I shall try my way first, and if that ends up costing me I shall switch to yours. Right now, everyone is agreeing to send me $15, which should pretty much cover everything. It seems to me that should do it, but I certainly appreciate your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Oak View Post
    Well, I hadn't considered that someone would actually want me to sign his or her book!
    Of course we would! Time to practise your handwriting!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

If I get a job soon can I get an autographed copy of the book with the typo?

I think the author of Marley and Me was part of another pet website, I wish you that type of luck.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    If I get a job soon can I get an autographed copy of the book with the typo?

I think the author of Marley and Me was part of another pet website, I wish you that type of luck.
    I should have plenty of those books left. I do not have confidence that I shall sell them all. Nonetheless, for you I shall save a copy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.