Thread: Animal Cruelty as a Felony - failed in AR

Animal Cruelty as a Felony - failed in AR

Animal Cruelty as a Felony unanimously failed in Arkansas. Unfortunately for the bill, fish and wildlife people dominate our government. Although, they admitted that there were words put into the bill to keep hunters and fishermen safe from this law, they were worried it would “cause headaches down the road”. Many of the organizations that donated money for the bill were against hunting/fishing, so that creates more “issues”.

It is so sad, to me, that our government is so deaf to the cries of so many innocent victims in this country. We need to do something to stop these S.O.B.s from torturing innocent creatures. I could care less if the bill cause headaches for hunters and fishers. I want to see people, like that guy who barbequed a kitten, put in jail to rot. Why are we protecting these people? After they are done killing our pets, they will move on to the people in our community. This sort of thing is so frustrating.

Pupper-Lover,

I totally agree with you. Animal cruelty is at an all time HIGH in this country and I think it's about time something is done. Headache my butt!! Those good ole homeboys are nothing but a bunch of beer guzzling, animal killing woosies!! No one can speak for the domestic animals of this world except us. The whole thing makes me sick!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I agree. Very few things get me more upset than hearing about animal cruelty stories, and it utterly astounds me that some states can't get stiff anti-cruelty laws passed! People who abuse/torture or kill animals should *not* just be given a slap on the wrist.

What I want to know is, what can be done to *prevent* animal cruelty? The kinds of people who commit these horrible acts against defenseless animals are seriously disturbed, evil individuals. Something is wrong in the wiring of their brains. They completely lack feelings of empathy; they have a desire to hurt and to have power over something. My concern is that there isn't much that can be done to prevent animals from being abused. Education of children about how wrong it is to abuse or torture or murder an animal? Educate adults to be alert to warning signs that a child or other adult may abuse an animal? Teach people that they must intervene when they see abuse occur and to speak up and tell the police/authorities?

I wish I would never hear another news story about animal cruelty -- ever. It breaks my heart, and it makes me very angry.
    margaret

Saima and Miko