Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Angel is really an Angel now...PHOTOS ADDED

Unhappy My Angel is really an Angel now...PHOTOS ADDED

Hi. We lost our eldest cat, named Angel, last night. Terry found her lying on our bedroom floor when he got home from work, cold and not very responsive. He immediately took her to the Vet. They did some bloodwlrk that showed that she was dehydrated, but not much else. So they did some more blood work that showed that she was in kidney failure with liver complications. They said there wasn't much they could do for her. Terry called me at work around 4:30 initially to let me know what was going on at that point. He didn't have any of the blood test results back at that point, but said it wasn't good. He called me again at various times to keep me updated.

I called and asked the people who work at the Vet's if they could let me in to see her if I got there after they closed at 5:30 p.m. They agreed to do that. So I went in and saw her and said her name, and she lifted one of her front paws and moved her head a little bit in response to me. I know she knew that I was there. Jay, the Vet, had left to go to some meetings, but we were able to make arrangements to take Angel home with us until he was finished with his meetings, at which time he would call us and have us bring her back over to the Vet. Clinic so that he could euthanize her if she was still alive by that time. I held her from the time we left there until the time we took her back to his office around 9:30 p.m. I didn't want her to be alone when she died.

Our hearts are absolutely broken. This was very unexpected. She has seemed fine, and recently even had her yearly checkup at the Vet's and got a good report. She was seven years old, would have been 8 years old July 1st. Jay did an ultrasound of her kidneys and noticed some areas where there were cysts, and said that showed that even when she was born her kidneys were not fully functioning. He said he was surprised that she had lived as long as she did under the circumstances.

She had a rough start in life. She was born on a farm near St. Paul. Her mother was killed by some kind of animal and the family found the kittens two days later. They bottle fed them until they were old enough to start them on canned food. That's when we got her. She was eight weeks old at the time but only weighed 8 ounces---the size of a two-week old kitten. She had worms and had to be treated for those. And she had to eat prescription diet food for her health condition. But she thrived and grew and was a beautiful cat---blue eyes, Siamese in appearance in a lot of ways. She always lived up to her name, too. She was an absolute Angel, especially when compared to our other cats around here, who are little brats at times!

I guess that's about all for now. Except Jay gave us a "Cat Angel Pin" showing a cat with angel wings and a halo attached. It says "wear this special angel pin as a symbol of your love for your precious little pet protected from above." How appropriate for a cat named "Angel"!
    Last edited by Soapets; 05-17-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: edit title to indicate photos added
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

RIP Angel. May you be happy and carefree at the rainbow bridge.

{{{{{HUGS}}}} Sorry for your loss.

Awww..that is so sad. At least she wasn't suffering for a long time and she was able to live a happy life full of love with you. I hope that the happy times you spent together will help you heal during this very sad time.

I'm so sorry. I remember Angel from the "Cats A-Z" thread. She was a beautiful blue-eyed girl.

RIP, sweet Angel.

I am so sorry about Angel. She definitely has her wings now and is happily showing them off at the bridge.

RIP Angel
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sorry for your loss is very sad lost mine just awhile ago to may 13. She is an Angel for sure.But now she can be pain free and play at the bridge as she waits to see u again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Angel. That must have been a terrible shock for you.
    Rest in peace, beautiful Angel.

I'm so sorry that Angel had to leave you but you were w/her right up until her transition and trip to the Bridge to help make it easier for her. And what a wonderful vet you have; that pin is a wonderful reminder of Angel and your reunion one day. RIP, pretty Angel and peace to your human.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Now Angels a member in good standing of the Animal Angel Army, and is as she has always been An Angelic Cat , a true bit of heaven on Earth.
    Now she will have nher First meal at Albion Spreebergen, one of Berlins Favorite restaurants and all the movies at Tonights Pet Angel Fly In Movie will be Angel Movies.
    She will always be with you in spirit to watch over you as your Guardian Cat Angel, and will find a Fantastic Fun Place where you can be all be together in Love!!!
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh, I am so very sorry.

Rest in peace, dearest Angel. You are much loved, always.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so very sorry about your Angel...Sleep softly, sweet Angel....

I am so, so sorry on the loss of your precious Angel Deb.

Our pets are a gift from heaven, but we don't get to keep them nearly long enough. May the loving memories comfort you and help you overcome the pain.

Rest in Peace dear Angel and have fun on the RB.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Deb.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so sorry that you lost Angel, and so sudden. I hope it's a little comfort that she didn't suffer for long and you could be with her to say goddbye.

Sleep softly, Angel!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry to hear this. She had such a wonderful loving and caring family. You'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Angel.

My heart goes out to you at this time of loss. Sending thoughts, prayers and God Bless.
    Help support ferals