Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a serious illness...

Links to Self-Diagnosis!

http://www.catsontheweb.org/humor.htm#Addict

Are You a Cat Addict???????

(author unknown)

1. Do you, or have you ever owned a cat(s)?

2. Have you felt like you are the pet?

3. Do you spend more time playing/cuddling with your cat(s) than reading a book or watching TV?

4. Does your cat(s) eat better than you?

5. Does your cat(s) furniture look nicer than the people furniture?

6. Does your cat have more toys than you do?

7. Do you spend more on the cat toys and food than you do on treats for yourself?

8. Are your cat(s) considered family members with complete voting rights?

9. Do you move over at night so the cat(s) have more room in bed?

10. Have you bought/considered buying a bigger bed so the cat(s) have more room?

11. Are nose prints on windows a permanent fixture?

12. Do you/have you ever gotten down on all fours and batted a cat toy to entice your cat(s) to play?

13. Do you mimic the meows and purrs of a cat?

14. Can you purr while inhaling and exhaling?

15. Do you refer to yourself/spouse/partner as Mommy/Meowmie or Daddy?

16. Do you refer to your cat(s) as "furbaby" or "furkid"?

17. Have you ever moved for the comfort of your cat(s)?

18. Have you chosen a spouse/partner based on your cat(s) recommendation?

19. Have you ever just watched a sleeping cat(s)?

20. Have you ever gone to the store to buy a necessary item such as TP, shampoo, etc., only to find yourself driving away with cat toys, having completely forgotten why you went in the first place?

21. Have you ever changed your sleeping habits or positions for the comfort of your cat(s)?

22. Have you ever found yourself sleeping in the exact same position as your cat(s)?

23. Have you ever rearranged the furniture so that your cat(s) have better access to windows?

24. Does your collection of cat-related books, magazines, or videos takeup an entire bookshelf/case?

25. Is the cat theme a primary decorating technique?

26. Have you ever caught yourself bird-watching with your cat(s)?

27. Is cat hair a major food group?

28. Have you ever opened a can of cat food and thought "that smells kinda good"?

29. Do you like cats better than most people?

30. Do you feel guilty if you go out to eat and not bring back something for your cat(s)?

31. Do you spend more on your cat(s) than on yourself?

32. Have you turned the TV to an animal show so your cats can watch?

33. Do you spend more time on cat-related chat boards and pages than anywhere else?

34. Do you read snippets of cat magazines or books to your cat(s)?

35. Are cats the most fascinating creatures on earth?
    ----------------------------
    Add up all your YES answers to get your cat-itis score!

* 8 or less: You have caught the bug, but are still relatively sane. Just give it time.

9-16: You have a mild case of cat-itis. Seek no medical treatment; there is no cure. Now is the time to begin playing with cat toys and seeking new toys around the house. Work on that meow, the tone is slightly off.
    * 17-26: Your condition is severe. Cats have a firm hold on your life. This is the point where anything cat is more interesting than people. Your purr may still need work though.
    * 27+: You are now an honorary cat, you may groom yourself when and where you please. You have the purr and meow down pat. It is not unusual to find yourself thinking as a cat.

More cat humour from this link: http://www.catsontheweb.org/humor.htm
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

http://www.urbis.com/media/view/1237...-cat-addiction

Here's an excerpt from another article:

I whirled around indignantly and stomped across the street and up my driveway, past my own reeking flowerbeds to the porch. I was so angry, I stumbled over a bowl of Cat Chow and nearly fell right into the kitty condo. Fortunately, it was well padded with a fluffy pink bathrobe and a mound of receiving blankets that I once used to swaddle my firstborn; otherwise, I might have been seriously injured.

Once I recovered my balance, I swung open the front door, hopping deftly over the threshold on my left foot while, with a skillful thrust of my right foot, I simultaneously intercepted the mad dash of Wormwood's brother, Bubba. In spite of having come perilously close to being euthanized in the local animal shelter, Bubba still responds to the call of the wild, and it's all I can do to keep him in protective custody.

"The nerve!" I said aloud, mechanically groping behind me for the door handle as my Persian, Semele, made her own obligatory leap toward the freedom of the great outdoors. Absently, I pulled shut the door, barely registering the soft "THMPH" of her thwarted attempt to pounce upon the unsuspecting Wormwood, now squirming in blissful oblivion in my favorite planter, all four paws waving provocatively above the brightly colored moss roses.

Having successfully navigated the entryway, I absently grabbed a pair of folded socks from the laundry basket on the couch and hurled them toward my other cat, Peepers, who was resolutely carving long gashes with her claws into the side of my husband's favorite recliner. Without so much as a pause to congratulate myself on a bull's-eye, I paced the floor muttering, "Can you even believe that? Who does she think she is?"

All at once, I felt as if there was something I had overlooked. I stopped abruptly, staring in vacant distraction at the hairball Bubba had just hacked onto the carpet. Could it be? Was it even possible? Somewhere beneath the roiling anger in my mind was a still, small Voice, calmly whispering the unthinkable: "You know, she could have a point. Every neighborhood has its Crazy Cat Lady."

"No. No way," I argued out loud.

Again, the soft whisper of sanity stubbornly replied, "Yes, way."

"But what am I supposed to do? How can I let these poor, abandoned animals go hungry? I can't help the fact that they're naturally attracted me. They obviously sense my compassionate nature . . ."

Having taken on the visage of my husband, my still, small Voice rolled its eyes. "Cut the crap, woman. You put out enough cat food in one day to feed the entire feral cat population of Lubbock County, not to mention a formidable number of birds and the occasional possum."

"And there was that porcupine last summer, too," I admitted reluctantly, tapping my chin with my finger.

With no small effort, I squeezed into my husband's recliner beside another rescued tomcat, IttyBittyBlackKitty, who had put on twenty-pounds in six months and was draped over the arm of the chair, swatting languidly at Peepers. Sitting quietly in my third of the chair, I reluctantly pondered the possibility that Nadine was right. I didn’t much like the idea of Nadine’s perspective being a power greater than myself, but I had to admit, she might have something there.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I know it's bad when the only no is No. 34
    GILL & Crew;

OMG!!!! Guilty as sin!!! Especially on # 9,17, 21, 22, 23, 29...
    (great test! very funny)
    astrid

"Are You a Cat Addict???????

(author unknown)"

my score was 22-it seems I have to work on my purring.