Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New kittens *Update*; 5/5; post #10

New kittens *Update*; 5/5; post #10

My friend Suzie is fostering a mom and her 5 kittens, 3 black and 2 Siamese. They're 7 weeks old and just little fuzz nuggets. I don't have pix yet but I told her that I wanted to take some and post them. We're hoping that Suzie's mom will take the two Siamese. The 3 blackies will probably be easy to place. Mom, I'm not so sure. She's a beautiful gray cat w/the sweetest disposition and very talkative. She has only one tooth in her mouth.

Suzie said that her friend's boxer kept going to their shed in the back yard and barking and carrying on and when she checked it out, she saw the kittens w/umbilical cords and mom not able to clean them up properly because she has only one tooth. So the woman cleaned them up and Suzie is now fostering them. What could've happened to Mom that she has only one tooth? I felt so sad for her. She's lost her teeth, she'll soon lose her babies and probably no one will take her in. Suzie has 9 cats of her own and her husband is out of work due to an auto accident. Plus she'll be starting nursing school in the fall, so she's stretched to the limit financially. I would love to have the mom but w/Pidge and her illness and Coco Puff and his ups and downs, I just can't do it.

Thanx for reading. I just needed to tell someone about these kittens and their beautiful gray mom.
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-05-2009 at 06:49 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That poor Mama cat! That is so sad that she couldn't take care of those babies properly because she didn't have enough teeth... HOW in the world has she been eating?? Thank God your friends dog alerted her and she went to see what was going on... Is Mama able to take care of them now?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    HOW in the world has she been eating?? Thank God your friends dog alerted her and she went to see what was going on... Is Mama able to take care of them now?
    She eats A LOT! Suzie put dry food out for her because her vet said that she would learn or has learned how to eat dry food. Plus Suzie gives her canned food twice a day. Her name is Betsy and she's such a good mom. One of the kittens still likes to nurse and he was nursing when I left. Suzie said she's really attentive to all her kittens. She's so sweet. She has my Pidge's disposition. She's on an antibiotic because she's sneezing an awful lot. All the kittens are going in for their shots tomorrow and when they're old enough, Suzie will have them all altered. I'm a little concerned, though, about how much water Betsy drank while I was there. She drank a whole dish full and was still wanting more.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I'm so glad that your friend found the mama and kittens in time to save them all. Now hopefully they'll all continue to thrive and will all find wonderful loving forever homes. I also hope that the mother will be okay and that someone will also adopt her. Please continue to keep us updated and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Bless your friend for helping this mama and her kittens.

Prayers on the way that they all find good loving homes.

With the way Betsy is drinking, I would have her checked to see if she could be diabetic.

Has your friend checked any of the shelters around her to see if she could get some help for mama and her babies?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca View Post
    Bless your friend for helping this mama and her kittens.

Prayers on the way that they all find good loving homes.

With the way Betsy is drinking, I would have her checked to see if she could be diabetic.

Has your friend checked any of the shelters around her to see if she could get some help for mama and her babies?
    Yes, I thought about diabetes, too. Suzie is a rescuer and works w/two agencies, so she's got that part handled as far as help w/altering, etc. but, as I mentioned, she's strapped financially, has a husband on the mend and out of work, 3 girls, 9 cats and is starting nursing school in the fall, so she's crazy busy. She said that this is her last rescue because she's so tired and she needs to devote time to her studies soon. When I moved into this neighborhood 4 1/2 years ago and she saw some of my cats sitting in the window, we became instant friends. She tried HARD to get me to take one of the kittens yesterday but I just can't do it. I know that they'll be placed quickly; they're too darned cute. It's mama Betsy that may be out of luck. One tooth and possibly diabetic? That's the type of cat I would only take when I was actively rescuing, the so-called hopeless cases. I wish I knew how she lost all her teeth.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I hope the kittens and the mom are able to find good homes. It's hard to find that right person who will take a possible diabetic cat in but hopefully someone will.

I'm sure she will have no problem placing the kittens.

I think it was Pretty Girl (Precious) who lost on of her fangs and we didn't realize it until the day we were traveling to meet John.

Prays that the mommy cat and kittens all find wonderful homes.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Anikaca77 View Post
    I hope the kittens and the mom are able to find good homes. It's hard to find that right person who will take a possible diabetic cat in but hopefully someone will.

I'm sure she will have no problem placing the kittens.

I think it was Pretty Girl (Precious) who lost on of her fangs and we didn't realize it until the day we were traveling to meet John.

Prays that the mommy cat and kittens all find wonderful homes.

Melissa
    Mama Betsy has one fang and that's it. She must have belonged to someone and maybe needed to have all her teeth pulled due to stomatitis or something. I don't know because no one knows her herstory.
    Blessings,
    Mary

That sounds logical as it would be hard for her to lose all those teeth naturally.
    Handsome John Hnacock lost all but two of nis teeth, but if he hadnt been seen by a Vet, the infections in his gums would have killed him.

We are praying for those Kittens who are cute and will found good homes, burt especially foe Dear Betsy, whose road to a Furrever Home may prove a little harder!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yet another mom and 5 babies

Suzie swore that this most recent litter would be her last rescue due to her husband being out of work but she just couldn't turn down another new mom and her babies. A friend of hers was walking in the park w/her husband when a car drove by and threw out a trash bag. They saw that the bag was moving and when they looked inside, they found a mom and her 5 kittens which are approximately 3 weeks old. She said that the mom was terrified and they have a feeling that she may have been abused. So now Suzie really has her hands full. Why do people have to be so cruel? I guess I should focus on the fact that for every cruel person there is a Suzy, too. (I hope) Sigh. I haven't been able to get one tooth Betsy out of my mind and now this. I just contributed again to Dobby's surgery but I think that I should help Suzie a little bit w/all of this. She has 9 cats of her own, 3 girls and a husband who is out of work due to an auto accident and an injured shoulder. Things are really tight for her right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Awwww GEEZS! Dumped a Mom and kittens out in a GARBAGE BAG? That makes me want to just CRY! I wish I could get a lot of pictures of them and make a slide show on them like I did on Hunter to show just how cruel people can be!

How could a person NOT take those in.. Thing is, I believe if God sent those Mom's and babies to her, He will provide for them. They are there for a reason as time will show... But it still makes me mad at how cruel people can be!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is just so sad.

Poor mama cat and kittens.

I wish they would have been able to find this guy and tie him up like that and see how he likes it.

Poor mommy cat at least she is safe for now.

It's so hard during spring time.

If we weren't fostering Ozzy I would try to help out with the mommy cat and kittens.

Melissa

SPAY/NEUTER - PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! God I hate stupid, irresponsible people!!!

I hope someone got the license number of the car and reported it. A-holes!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    SPAY/NEUTER - PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! God I hate stupid, irresponsible people!!!

I hope someone got the license number of the car and reported it. A-holes!!!!
    I doubt that anyone got the license number because they were walking when the car sped past. If they had been driving, they may have been able to catch up w/him but then they wouldn't have been able to get ahold of the kittens. Poor little things; I almost don't want to go to Suzie's because it's sad enough seeing one tooth Betsy. Now seeing this scared mom and her babies is just too much. I can't seem to take the heartache any more.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Mary,

I can't take the heart break anymore either. As my dear friend always tells me, "Sometimes, ya just gotta know when to say 'I'd like to, but I can't.' "

I'm sure that mama and babies will find their way into loving furrrever homes.

I truly believe that what goes around, comes around. Those a-holes that dumped that mama and babies have to answer to a higher power.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!