Thread: Seperation Anxiety

Question Seperation Anxiety

Hello Everyone;

This isn't an uncommon problem, and yes it isn't new to me either. However, as we all know, all cases are different. Here is my story.

A month ago, I got 2 Shep/Rottie puppies. Unfortunately, I had to find a new home for one of the pups, this was 2 days ago. When I did have both puppies, they slept all night, the cage was always clean, they were good little girls. Yes, they were crated together. ( this could have been my mistake ) Now my girl, for the past 2 days, is having SERIOUS SEPERATION ANXIETIES. In the past 2 days, my husband and I have only got 3 hrs. sleep in total. Her routine hasn't changed at ALL, since her sister left. She gets alot of exercise all day & before bed. The screaming, crying, the digging in her cage, and now messing in her crate.........this is all new. My other 2 adult dogs are going nuts as well.

I contacted the new owner of the other pup, to see how she is fitting in. This pup is still perfect. When I had both pups, my girl was the calm one.....her sister was the loud pup.

Can any one advise???? I've had many dogs in my life, however I never dealt with this intense problem. Yes, I am the pack lead, Yes, I train the Cesar Mallon way.

Thanks
    Janice

Pehaps it is just a matter of time, and her getting used to being alone. Does she have a stuffed toy that you can put in her crate with her that maybe smells like her sister? Are the other dogs crated, or loose?
    I've Been Frosted

Thumbs up

Hi Karen;

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, last night I did crate my 2 adults, beside the puppies crate. BINGO, it worked. Keeva, the pup only woke once, clean in her cage. Today she seems to me a much happier pup.
    I guess I panicked from lack of sleep & a grumpy hubby. LOL

Janice

Glad to hear it, and glad you were able to get some sleep!
    I've Been Frosted