Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little Ivy Boy died in my arms today

My little Ivy Boy died in my arms today

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=152605

Today I had planned on visiting Ivy before I had to go to work and take his best friend Scooter with me to see him, hopefullly to cheer him up and make him want to eat. I got up real real early and was feeding the others when I got a phone call and the number was the vet;s. My heart stopped beating as I answered it thinking I was going to hear that Ivy had died. She said that Ivy had gotten much weaker and that he was anemic now and that he probably wouldn't last the day. So I hurried up and finished feeding and got dressed without taking a shower and drove to go get Scooter. Ivy and Scooter live with a friend because they are FIV+. I was crying hsyterically as I drove. I stopped at the drug store hoping they would have drayola molding clay so i could get imprints of his paw. They didn't and I was scared to go and where else because I was afriad i would be too late. So I picked Svooter up and went to the vet. She immediately put me in a room and brought ivy out. I got out his favorite blanker of my friend's and the two little pillows that we always laid our heads on side by side on my friend's bed. When they brought him out I put him on it with his head on his pillow. He was so weak he couldn't even lift his head or hardly move. he did flick the very tip of his tail as i held him and talked ot him. he was barely purring but was too weak even to do his kneading. I got Scooter out and he laid beside Ivy and cleaned him and kissed him and rubber his head against him. I laid my head on the pillow next to him and we laid there all three of us like we ususally do when we take naps together. We spent time visiting and I told Ivy how much I loved him and how much Scooter loved him and we were going to miss him and we didn't want him to leave us. I could tell he was getting worse as the visit went on. Ivy was "my little Ivy boy" he was one of a kind and he was my heart. he was so special to me. he could always lie down beside me and no matter what was wrong he would make me feel better. No other one could do that. I don't know what I will do now that he is gone. As our visit went on I could tell he didn't have much time. I told the vet I wanted a few more minutes with him before she put him to sleep. I told Ivy that it was ok if he left. I dind't want him to died but I didn't want my Ivy to stay because he flet he couldn't leave me. She said she would be back in a few minutes. but before she could come back Ivy died in my arms. I am lost, heart broken and I don't know how to go on without him. I have cried all day at work. before they took him Scooter kissed him and rubbed his head and said goodbye and I kissed him and hugged him and told him I loved him. I took Scooter home and as soon as i let him out the carrier he started looking evrywhere for Ivy and crying. It broke my heart all over again. Those two were so close. I have to go back to get my paw impressions before they cremate him. it is going to be soooo hard.
    Melissa

Oh Melissa, my tears are flowing right along with yours my dear. I am so, so sorry that your little Ivy boy lost his battle. My heart goes out to you and Scooter.

I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear.
    I pray and hope that you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you my dear and headbumpies to Scooter.

Rest in Peace dear Ivy. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

You got my LES going. Im typing this with Erp the Cat in my lap because of your post.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I'm so very sorry, Melissa.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sad for both you and Scooter. Ivy left for the Bridge surrounded by love, and he'll be waiting there for both of you.

Rest gently, sweet Ivy. Please watch over Melissa and your best buddy Scooter.

I'm so sorry, I thought Ivy was going to make it. Prayers for your family to heal.

Godspeed, dear Ivy, to the bridge - play well, send grace to your fur and human family.

Melissa, if you can, take comfort in the fact that Ivy died in your arms, loved and stroked and comforted by you. My RB Puddy died the same way and I was so glad that I didn't have to help her to the Bridge. Your story was so touching and everyone who reads it will feel your sorrow, I'm sure. Please know that prayers are going up right now for you to soon know peace. Ivy is taking that much needed rest now. Anemia takes a lot out of them. I know because my Puddy had it, too. She's there to greet Ivy and help him until he gets the rest he needs. He misses you and Scooter, too, but he knows that you'll be together again one day. RIP sweet Ivy and peace to your human and Scooter.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I feel your pain. I love nothing in this world more than my son and my cats. My oldest kitty is 11 years old now and I know the end will be within the next few years. My prayers for healing go to your broken heart. Ivy had no doubt he was loved, believe that. There is no higher honor a human can get!

I am so sorry - godspeed little Ivy Boy!

Dearest Melissa i was crying too when i read your post, i am so very sorry you have to go through this heartache, you and scooter,i hope you will find some comfort here with us all and your heart will heal in time, for now think of the beautiful memories you shared with this special furbaby, my heart goes out to you, take care and giant HUGS for you and scooter.

Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am in tears after reading this. There is a huge lump in my throat. This was possibly the sweetest thing I've ever heard. How lucky Ivy was that his favorite human and favorite kitty were right there with him when he began his journey to the bridge?

Ivy and AbiGail can explore and learn their surroundings together at the bridge.

RIP Ivy Boy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Major LES syndrom over here!! I can feel your and Scooter's pain!

It's a wonderful thing that Ivy passed when you told him it was okay for him to go. If he could, he would have stayed with you and his friend Scooter for many more years, I'm sure!

What a special kitty he was!

R.I.P. little Ivy! I'm sure he smiling down from the RB now and is watching over his loved ones.

Kirsten

I am so sorry RIP little Ivy

I am glad to hear that your last moments with precious Ivy were as you wanted, and your eyes were the last eyes he gazed into. I know that meant a lot to Ivy to have his mama and Scooter there to comfort him and reassure him.

It is so hard to lose a 'heart cat', but you must keep going, because he's not lost forever. He's waiting. Just for you.

There will be a Grand Reunion. One Fine Day.

I am so sorry for your loss. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

RIP Ivy.