Thread: Cat pooping and peeing EVERYWHERE

Cat pooping and peeing EVERYWHERE

Hello!
    I have looked thru the majority of the most recent threads concerning cats deciding to NOT use the litter box, but do not see one that really fits my problem.
    My 4 year old male cat started pooping and peeing all over the house. He has NEVER done this before. NO changes in the home, no changes to food, litter box location, litter type, etc...
    NO health issues.
    He pooped in the dry food I had poured for him this morning.
    My husband wants him gone.
    Any suggestions?

I am desperate!

First thing to do is make an appointment for a check up with the vet. Many medical problems can cause behaviour like that. And the longer the behaviour is allowed to continue the more it becomes a habit and hard to change even after the medical problems are solved. Time is of the essence.

Keep us posted as to what happens.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I second what Catlady711 said. You may think that he doesn't have health issues but a vet check will help to clear up the mystery. Please keep us posted.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I have a an 8yr old male cat who poops outside his box at random times. Sometimes next to his food bowl or a foot away from the box. I've had him to the vet a ton of times and it's now been determined that it's behavioral. When I recently moved he didn't not adjust well at all and was even peeing in the house and he's never done that. Now that he has adjusted to his new home he is doing much better. I've also been keeping a "journal" in hopes that I can see a pattern of why sometimes he's good about pooping in the box and sometimes he's not.
    Have you changed a work schedule or something like that? Sometimes even the smallest thing can throw them out of whack. I would definitely take your kitty to the vet to make sure there isn't something seriously wrong.
    For now your best bet might be keeping him in a smaller area like a bathroom with food, water, litter box to kind of retrain him. Don't get rid of him though...this is his way of telling you that something is wrong!! Also, if you are stressed your cat will feel it too and it can stress him out. I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress too much and maybe it will put him at ease.
    Also, there are flower essences you can give them for litter box aversion...that might help too. http://www.catfaeries.com
    Hope this helps! Don't give up on him though and hang in there!

First off, your husband sounds like a real piece of work. I echo Catlady and Medusa. Get this poor cat to a vet. He's trying to tell you something. Once he heals, get rid of that pathetic husband yours.

It's people like your husband that make me like my cats better.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I can certainly understand your husband's frustration at your kitty's behavior. There's nothing worse than cat smell when they inappropriately pee and poop. Nothing. He may have said that out of sheer frustration. Believe me, I've even said that I wanted to toss my cat Specs out the window when he was peeing but, of course, I didn't mean it. We say things that we don't mean when we don't know what to do and/or when we feel helpless and ineffectual. Please take your kitty to the vet. Once you determine whether or not it's a physical reason causing the behavior, there are meds that you can give your cat for behavioral issues. I have 4 cats on meds for inappropriate peeing and it's wonderful around here now. They've had no bad side effects from it either and my house is a poop-and-pee-free zone. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

He may have had a traumatic incident or scare that you don't know about especially since he is 4 years old and it doesn't sound like he has had this experience before. But it sure can't hurt to take him to the vet even though, otherwise, he appears healthy. Vets can know about the effects of trauma on a cat and can advice you.

Yes, nothing smellier than cat pee in various places.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Poop and pee on chair

10 days ago, a female cat walked up to our house and made herself our back porch her new home.

We started feeding her. She hasn't left since. She sleeps on the back porch chairs. All day. Sometimes we let her in the office, she sleeps there on the chair.

The last two mornings, when we came outside to feed her, we saw poop and pee on the chair.

Not really happy about that. She has the back yard to use as her litter box, not sure why she uses our chairs?

Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks,

Shoey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoey View Post
    10 days ago, a female cat walked up to our house and made herself our back porch her new home.

We started feeding her. She hasn't left since. She sleeps on the back porch chairs. All day. Sometimes we let her in the office, she sleeps there on the chair.

The last two mornings, when we came outside to feed her, we saw poop and pee on the chair.

Not really happy about that. She has the back yard to use as her litter box, not sure why she uses our chairs?

Any ideas? Please help!

Thanks,

Shoey
    Most likely to get your attention and it does do that, doesn't it? Or else she is claiming the chair as her territory..but who, including the cat herself, wants to sit in pee and poop? You might try putting the chair somewhere else or else leaving food near it..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.