Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Wart

Dog Wart

Hi... my dog just grew a dog wart. That's what the vet told me when I had her checked. Does anybody know anything about this? It grew on her eyelid and I noticed that it's a little bigger than last week. The vet told me to just observe it for a week...

Any information on this will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Ellen

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by ellensy View Post
    Hi... my dog just grew a dog wart. That's what the vet told me when I had her checked. Does anybody know anything about this? It grew on her eyelid and I noticed that it's a little bigger than last week. The vet told me to just observe it for a week...

Any information on this will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,

Ellen
    How old is your dog? They do tend to get them as they get older, but are generally harmless. However if it is growing fast as you indicated, then maybe it's not a wart and needs to be checked further.

I had a terrier mix at 14 that had quite a few that were harmless, and my 13 year old Pom just developed one that I am watching closely. So far it's small and not growing, so it appear to be just an age related thing.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you for the information... the problem is my dog is only 10 months old...
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Quote Originally Posted by ellensy View Post
    Thank you for the information... the problem is my dog is only 10 months old...
    Then I'd definitely take the dog back to the vet. And if you don't get any satisfaction there, how about a 2nd opinion elsewhere. Better safe than sorry. It really doesn't sound like a wart, but then I'm not a vet and I can't see it either.

I second the vote for a second opinon. Sometimes bumps/lumps on eyelids can be tumors not warts or skin tags, especially if it's growing. As far as I know the only way to find out is have it removed and sent in to the lab to be sure.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Got it removed!

Hi all,

Thank you for the posts...

I can't sleep well thinking there was something growing on my dog's eye. So I had it removed last Thursday. I also got the lab results back and the vet said its a viral wart. It's gone for now and I sure hope it doesn't come back again.

By the way, my dog's name is Snapples and here's her pix.

Thanks again!

-Ellen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My 12 old soon to be 13 () year old black Labrador, Sadie (can be seen below in my siggy), had a wart on her bottom eyelid. The vet said it's fine, so I'm not worried about it. I don't think I ever seen or heard of another dog with a wart on their eyelid! Strange place for a wart, huh?

Snapples is very cute, by the way.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I had a starvation abuse case come in last year and she was about 1 1/2 years old with at least 30 warts on her back with leathery skin. Now I took her to the vet and he was suppose to ask a colleege about and could never get any info. In beauties case we thought maybe the malnutrition and fleas infected her skin to cause it but never found out why. Now I was able to clear most of them up with a high Immune diet with 1000mg vit C daily. Here is a picture of them.

Now before she was adopted I had about 7 more of those dissapear. You can see up her back where there were many more. I wish I knew a quick cure but I never spent the money of TSCR on a biopsy for them. Its hard to tell what really caused them. As she got healthier they just dried up and went away.
    Last edited by MajesticCollies; 02-27-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

vit C

Hi MajesticCollies,

You're right...Our vet told us that it has something to do with the immune system. Since my dog's still a pup her immune system might not be that strong.

I am going back to the vet with her in a few days and I will ask the vet more about it.

Just curious, what kind of vitamin C do you give her?

By the way, based on the pix I think its the same as the one that was on Snapples a week ago...

Thanks,

Ellen
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Glad to hear that it was nothing more than a wart. I hope it doesn't come back!

By the way - Snapples is adorable!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Dog wart

I found a small wart on my 3½ old Labrador under her chin. Vet doctor gave me a few choices what to do about it. I chose to do nothing and wait till it goes away. Within next week wart grew from small wart to 3/4 inch big wart. It stayed the same size for about a month. I heard that vitamine E oil can help it, so I put it on. Next morning I saw my dog scratched half of the wart away. I cleaned the blood and disinfected the area. Since than wart started to shrink. It’s been 2 months now, wart is still there but it’s getting smaller, drying out and it didn’t spread.

So far, everything is all well with the wart. Since its removal, the spot is now all healed. We went back to the vet for another checkup and he told me that I don't need to give Snapples anything for her immune system. We will just have to wait for it to grow stronger while she grows.

Wart

Check this link out - informative

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...apillomas.html

another one on the same spot :(

Snapples has another wart on the same spot where the original one was surgically removed. It's still on her upper right eyelid. We went to the vet and we were told to just wait for a month and see what happens. A month! That will be a very long wait. Any suggestions / comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    ~eLLeN~

Hmm... could it be similar to herpes of the eye? I don't know?

My friend's Border Collie pup had a wart on her lip, that continued to grow and grow. It was also described as a viral wart, probably from contact with other dogs. She went to the Vet, they simply aspirated it with a needle, and it hasn't come back (yet). I suppose it would be much harder to do that when the wart is on her eyelid. Is it irritating her eye at all? If not, I would just try not to worry about it and hope that it goes down.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz