Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am very worried about IvyUpdate 5/7

I am very worried about IvyUpdate 5/7

Ivy is my FIV+, diabetic, 13 year old BOY( I know "IVY" is a girls name but there is a reason for his name being Ivy). He has been at the vets since yesterday and is on fluids. He has stopped eating and his sugar got all out of whack and he is very out of it. Today before I came to work I talked to my vet and she said he is better hydrated now and is more alert than he was yesterday but is still not eating. She did bloodwork on him yesterday because we both thought he might have a problem with his kidneys because he had that smell to his breath. Plus, the poor thing has an upper respiratory that he has been fightiing with. I am so worried about him. Never has any of my babies been so special to me< since Shoo( my soul cat ) as Ivy is to me. Ivy is just the best cat ever, just ask Kt_luvs_kitties. She met him when she was here a few years ago and fell instantly iin love with him and wanted to cat nap him from me. If you don't mind to say some PT prayers for him to start eating and recover. The vet say he might be not eating because his sugar is so out of whack or with the FIV his immune system could be the problem. I will update you when I can. I don't always have computer access. Thanks!
    Melissa

UPDATE 5/7 Ivy had a good day yesterday but then his sugar dropped last night and now he is not eating and is weak again. I am so worried about him. Please keep praying for my boy. The are going to do another BG test around 8 tonight. I am going to go visit him tomorroe.
    Melissa
    Last edited by doolittleky; 05-07-2009 at 02:49 PM.

He'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no so sorry to read about Ivy being sick.. Yes for sure sending lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Keep us posted ok.. Hope wittle Ivy get lots better soon.. Come on Ivy & start eating ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so sorry to read about Ivy being sick, but I hope the fluids he gets will help make him better, and that he will start eating again.

Sending lots of good thoughts to Ivy, and to you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ivy; I'll keep him in my prayers for sure.

Wonder if the upper respiratory illness might have something to do with his appetite? At least he's more alert, that's a good sign.

Please keep us posted, we are here for you. ((((hugs)))) and gentle (((hugs))) for Ivy...................
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Prayers going up for dear Ivy right now that all will be well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

DK,

Ivy will be in my thoughts and prayers. Boy, when it rains, it pours, huh??

Hugs to you!!

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

We of course are praying for Poor Ivy, that Our Good Lord will give you more time to share your love together.

And we know taht Our Animal Angels Army in Hawaii will bring something from thier Luau for Ivy, and some nice warm sand to comfort and warm him.

Prayers for Dear Ivy, that he makes a full recovery.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am praying for your beloved Ivy.

Prayers coming for poor little Ivy!

Yes, respiratory infections will affect eating habits, I know this one from lots of experience with Pinot. What they can't smell, they won't eat. I hope they get little Ivy's smeller back so he'll eat. (((((hugs)))) and prayers .

Prayers being sent for Ivy!

How is our wittle Ivy today.. Any News?? Update Please

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I called last night to see how he was doing and at that time his blood glucose was normal again but he hadn't eaten yet. I called today before I went to work and they said he gets another BG at 4 and last night he did eat some and he also ate some today. So I was happy to hear that one. Thanks for all you prayers and keep them coming that he will recover completely so I can take him home( to my friend's).
    Melissa

Glad to read that he ate!
    Best wishes to him for his recovery!

Kirsten

So glad to read that Ivy is doing better. You are doing just great, little guy.. keep on keeping on!

More prayers are coming, and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...eng&gi=pet%20t and then click on the one labeled ivyPM).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery