Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odin is BACK!!!!

Odin is BACK!!!!

I'm hear to ask everyone on Pet Talk to send some good wishes my way.
    My lovely orange boy, Odin, has gone missing.
    He is an indoor cat, but he made an escape on Friday, and hasn't been seen since. I'm worried sick for him, as we live right by a rail track and a busy road. The house is so empty without him, and our other cats seem to notice that something isn't right.
    Odin is the most loving and friendly cat, and I just miss him so much right now and want him back. Please keep your fingers crossed that he shows up today and if anyone has any advice please let me know.
    Louise
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nsweezie; 05-17-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Update on post 23

Post signs everywhere with his picture. Also check with immediate neighbors, ask them to check garages and sheds where he may have been accidently shut in. Contact any local shelters and animal control, let them know he's missing, but is not a stray.

We'll say a prayer for his safe return!
    I've Been Frosted

Prays are being sent that Odin is ok and safe. Yes please post flyers around because you never know if a neighbor might take Odin in.

I hope he comes home safe and sound.

Let EVERYONE know he is missing like Karen & Anikaca77 said. Also someone on here use to say to go to the shelters and look for yourself because they may have your pet and not know it or know it and not tell you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The Pet Talker Animal Angel Search and Rescue Squad is now on the job, and they are using treats from Hawaii to help lure Odin back.
    Ebony Beau Tubsters with them on the search and like many Strays , he was very keen searching instincts.
    Meanwhile leave something with an odor that carries so Odin gets an idea of where to go!!
    We are praying that Odin will be home SOON!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I had a scare just the other day thinking that my cat darted outdoors but as it turned out, he was in the house all along, so I can relate to your worry. Add my prayers to the list.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Since your Odin is an indoor cat, they seldom stray far as they are very scared being outside. Somethings you can do, is go out late at night when it is quiet and shake a package of treats or put his dry food in a container and shake that, while calling his name. Put a dirty sweater or any other piece of clothing that has your smell on it out in the front and one out the back to lure him to the house. Put out some tuna in hopes that he is hungry enough to come and eat it. Also like others have said, notify all your neighbours, vets, shelters and put up flyers. Bring a flashlight out with you at night and check all around your area, under balcony's, in bushes, even shine it up in trees, while calling his name.

I hate hearing about an animal gone missing as I know exactly how you feel as one of my cats a long time ago went missing and after 48 days, I figured he was never coming back, but he did. On the 48th night, he showed up.
    So please, never lose the faith.

Big time prayers on the way that your Odin comes home very soon, safe and sound and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'll be praying for Odin, and for you as as well because I know how worried you must be... May he return home safe and sound
    astrid

He sure is a handsome boy and I home that he'll come home soon. You've been given a lot of great advice so hopefully you'll be able to find each other again. Lots of prayers and positive vibes are being sent his way.

Well, he isn't back yet.....
    However, we have had a report from some people 2 streets over. They feed some feral cats, as well as having 5 of their own, and have a super, cat friendly garden with a fountain and a little house the cats sleep in.
    These people are convinced they have seen Odin. He is apparantly been in a bad fight with another cat- not a surprise as he is so gentle he'd never last in a fight with a wild cat.
    This cat that might be Odin seems very timid, and the couple have tried to catch him, but they don't want to scare him off permanently so they are being very gentle and reserved about it.
    They have taken a picture of the cat so I am going over there today to see if it is indeed Odin. If so, the couple, who also do trap-spay-release of feral cats will step up their efforts to catch him, they are apparantly quite good at getting reluctant cats.
    Thank you so much for the good wishes, it does mean a lot to know people all over the world are rooting for Odin. Keep your fingers crossed!

Let's hope it is Odin and they can catch him for you.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The Pet Talker Animal Search and Rescue Squad will see if they can convince Odin that those people are trying to get him back to the home and the family that he loves so much!!!

We are praying that you and Odin are reunited very soon!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sadly, it wasn't Odin
    However I did get to meet some lovely 'cat people', they told me that they often see new cats as they do feed and shelter strays. So they will be looking out for Odin. They also have good contacts in our area and are going to put the word out even more than we have.

The CREW and I are sending our prayers the Odin will be safe at home soon.
    GILL & Crew;

Im so sorry to hear about Odin! Dont lose hope though, Momo and i hope he is home and safe soon... Best wishes.
    Momo and Italia