Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat sleep with you?

Does your cat sleep with you?

When I lived in my apt Clyde slept with me now that we live with my bf he would prefer it if he didn't sleep with us. For the past couple of weeks I've been sleeping on the couch with Clyde because he would have accidents when he would sleep with us. Once I got the nighttime accidents under control and was ready to sleep in bed again my bf developed a rash on his face and neck. He thought it might be a reaction to Clyde sleeping with us so he cleaned the bedroom and linens and that's when I continued sleeping with Clyde on the couch.

We don't think that Clyde is the cause of the rash but my bf would prefer it if Clyde didn't sleep with us. Since Clyde has pooping out of the box issues I'm concerned about not sleeping with him. I don't want to mess him up more than I have to...but on the same note I would like to sleep in bed with my bf!

Should I just close the bedroom door and let him have the run of the house or should I just close the door to the downstairs like I do when we are at work? I guess I just feel bad because he gets locked up while I'm at work and I think he might enjoy sleeping next to me.

Help! I need some advice! I don't want to be a bad mom! BTW, he seems to be adjusting more each day although he did have an accident and pooped on the floor 2 ft from the litter box. But he did poop in the box this morning!

Any suggestions would be great!

I have trouble sleeping with out 4-5 on the bed. My MIT"S has to cuddle under my arm and make sure that I go to sleep.
    GILL & Crew;

Buddy sleeps at the bottom of the bed, Mamma cat usually sleeps up by my head and Casey my Lab sleeps beside me. I am glad I have a Queen sized bed! Tinker usually comes in at some point during the night for a belly scratch. I would say ditch the boyfriend and keep the cat - LOL!

I truly do not think I could sleep with a human being in my bed any longer. I was married for 17 years when my husband left. I haven't really found a guy I wanted to spend that much time with yet. The dog is definitely happier to see me when I get home from work at night than any man has ever been.

I do also have a choice of sleeping in the spare room in the bed from my apt. I just feel guilty making Clyde sleep alone. I always enjoyed our snuggle time. I just wish we could all sleep together in one bed like we used to.

Any suggestions on how to ease Clyde into this transition?

I'm lucky because my boyfriend is not happy if at the cats do not spend the night in the bed! Neither of us would feel complete without them, they are part of our family! If your bf is truly allergic to cats on the bed, I would try to shut the bedroom door and give the cat the run of the house. This would be a tough one for me to handle!

I've relented and now allow Pidge and Boo to sleep w/me; Pidge because she's old and has a serious illness, so I want to be able to hear her and Boo because Pidge adores him; he's her man. Otherwise, I don't have cats in my bed because they disturb my sleep and I need my rest. They have beds and blankets and afghans and condos and you name it, they have it, so they aren't deprived. The basement is all set up as their own private quarters. There are certain areas of the house where they aren't allowed to trespass but believe me when I say that they're just fine. I think that sometimes the need is ours and not theirs to have them sleep w/us.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I've relented and now allow Pidge and Boo to sleep w/me; Pidge because she's old and has a serious illness, so I want to be able to hear her and Boo because Pidge adores him; he's her man. Otherwise, I don't have cats in my bed because they disturb my sleep and I need my rest. They have beds and blankets and afghans and condos and you name it, they have it, so they aren't deprived. The basement is all set up as their own private quarters. There are certain areas of the house where they aren't allowed to trespass but believe me when I say that they're just fine. I think that sometimes the need is ours and not theirs to have them sleep w/us.
    Oh yes, my kitties have their own beds, etc. too. I totally understand about you not wanting your sleep disturbed. I cherish my sleep! Lucky for me I am a heavy sleeper. The only place the cats cannot go in my house is my daughter's room because she wants a place to get away from the cat hair.

We have NINE cats. There are some nights when we have at least 7 of the 9 sleeping with us. I cannot imagine NOT having a cat on the bed!!! AND those are the nights I get the best night of sleep!!!!

When I was living with a boyfriend, Don Juan had to stay out of the bedroom at night. Now, he sleeps with me almost every night. In all, I think it was a pretty good trade.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Before I got Blue I would just leave my door cracked so Erp could come or go as she wished, mostly she would sleep on my bed.

I keep the door shut now so the dogs dont have the run of the house while Im sleeping. However if Erp is allready in the room when I go to bed its me the dogs and Erp all on the bed.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I usually have 2-3 of my cats sleeping some where on my bed at night. I have a queen sized bed and it's just me and the cats. I also put a door stopper in my bedroom door at night so that they can come and go throughout the night. If I close the door then they cry, scratch the door, or make a knocking sound and then I get no sleep. I hope that Clyde will become more comfortable and his pooping outside of the box will stop. Good luck.

Cyrus

Cyrus is my 17 year old Siamese cross. She has slept in the bed with me and my bf (now husband) since she was a tiny kitten sleeping in the palm of my hand. She is getting old now and has some problems and may not be around much longer, but I cannot imagine this wonderful loving cat NOT sleeping either on the pillow over my head or curled up on my arm!! Being "purrrrred" to sleep every night is wonderful!!!

My two furry friends sleep together in their own sleepy round. While I AM allergic to cats (I've taken the series of innoculations to build up my resistance) so it is extremely important for me to have a non-pet invaded area to go to for relief (as necessary).

However, when I am home and sitting on the sofa or chair, BOTH Minnie & Sebastian are right there each struggling to get closest to me and my face.

So for me, sleeping alone is important; but enjoying both of my guys during the day/early evening is even more important to me.

Every morning when I awake & open the bedroom door, they both are quietly sitting there just waiting for me to start the day.
    Sebastian & Miss Minnie

I go to bed a couple hours before my boyfriend. Usually when I head to bed all four animals come with me. So I have all four of them on the bed with me when I go to sleep. When Bruce comes to bed he puts Paizly in her room and Taggart in his crate. This way we have some room on the bed. Although, on the weekends we usually let everyone stay out (but I get up early in the morning and put them up because they wake up and wake me up, I enjoy getting to sleep in on the weekends, thank you)

I hope you can find a solution to your issue.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Only one out of my four cats sleeps upstairs with us , and she is always at the bottom of the bed, her little face perched on her pink heart shaped cushion, our electric blanket going underneath her and i cover her with a blanket to keep her warm, in winter time of course, she never wants in the bed or up close, which is good as i am allergic to cats,luckily the others all have their own beds and a spare one downstairs,they have the run of the place at nights down there and can pick and choose where to sleep.

I hope you can resolve your situation amicably for both kitties sake and your boyfriend. good luck.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️