Thread: Latest Rescue - Another Chinese Crested!

Latest Rescue - Another Chinese Crested!

It's simply amazing and terribly sad what one prolific backyard breeder can do in an area. A few years ago there was probably not one single Chinese crested or Italian greyhound in this county. Probably no one had even heard of them. Enter one BYB, and I've rescued two of each breed in the last few months, not to mention all the ones AC has gotten. I can't even think of all the new BYB's coming up, when the people who bought this woman's puppies all start breeding them.

Anyway, meet Darwin. He came from Animal Control today, hopefully will be on his way to CC rescue next week. Adorable, and so sweet! Poor little guy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0001.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	42325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0003.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	930.2 KB 
ID:	42326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_0006.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	863.5 KB 
ID:	42327  
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Awww, Darwin is adorable. He looks so scared. Poor guy.

BTW, do you still have the two IG's and the other CC? Are they fosters or permanents?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Awww, Darwin is adorable. He looks so scared. Poor guy.

BTW, do you still have the two IG's and the other CC? Are they fosters or permanents?
    He warmed up pretty fast, though. Sweet little dog, considering what his life was like.

I still have the IG's. They are permanent.

I placed the other CC very quickly, with one of the vet techs at my vet, who is also one of my good friends. She went in to the vet for her spay appointment and went home with Karen!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hmmm, maybe you should see if Karen wants a brother for the other Chinese Crested. hee hee
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awwwwww!!! Hi Darwin. I love those little spots and that cute hairdo. You are a sweetheart!! You're living in a wonderful home now, angel, even if just temporary.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

sad story.... but overall good... I know you´ll find a place for him too...

good job keeping the other CC in "close"... and YAY!!! for the IG´s... they are so pretty and pretty... yeah I know I said pretty twice.. but they are!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Poor baby
    I hate that they are becoming more popular.
    What rescue is he going with?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    Poor baby
    I hate that they are becoming more popular.
    What rescue is he going with?
    I know, they are not the dog for everyone, that's for sure. I always hate to see a breed become trendy.

He's going to CrestCare.

Oooh hopefully I will get to see updates then.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee