Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hermes Wed. X-Ray & Skin Biopsy *UPDATE BACK HOME* Prays for Recovery after Surgery

Hermes Wed. X-Ray & Skin Biopsy *UPDATE BACK HOME* Prays for Recovery after Surgery

Well over this past week Hermes has been having this scratch mark on his head. Over the past 2 days it seemed to have gotten bigger and then this morning when I looked at it there was fresh blood and it looked pretty sore. I put some neosporon on it and I had a vet appt set up for him for Friday afternoon but I called them today to tell them it got bigger and I think he should be seen today if possible.

They were able to squeeze us in at 5:15 p.m. today and so now he had a cone over his head to let his head heal and she said we could probably take the cone off on Sunday but if he starts scratching again it has to go back on.

Poor guy really hates this cone though he's been having a really hard time dealing with it. He just lays around and tries to get it off. I really hope that he keeps it on and it's just a good thing Rob is off work tomorrow so that someone can watch him.

Well of course I had to attach a few pictures of my poor Little Man. Hopefully this will heal up in less than 10 days and it won't come back. She said if it does come back it could be allergies but I'm hoping it doesn't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hermes poor head.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	42321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0002.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	42322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 23 2009 (1).JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	42323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	April 23 2009 (3).JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	42324  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 05-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Awww, poor Hermes!! You still look adorable as ever though. And just learn to deal with the cone head because it's for your own good. Your meowmie would not put you through that if it wasn't.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Awww! Hermes, you look so miserable and unhappy. You can't scratch where it itches, can you? Give the meds time to work baby and maybe the itscing will stop.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Did the vet give you stuff to put on it if it is itchy? I hope he gets well soon! Poor widdle guy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh poor Hermes, having to wear that nasty cone! I hope they are right about it improving by Sunday.

Aw, he looks so cute, though. It's for his own good, of course, but he doesn't understand that. I hope he doesn't itch too much.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yes the vet gave us some antibotic because it's infected.

Hopefully it will heal up and won't come back because if it does come back after it heals then he might have allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Did the vet give you stuff to put on it if it is itchy? I hope he gets well soon! Poor widdle guy!

Allergies aren't always an insoluble problem. Sometimes a food change will clear it up. Food's a common source of allergens. I can't even give Smudge his previous favorite treat, Vitamin E, any more, because it's made from wheat and it makes him itch. But he loves his new grain-free food! It's kind of expensive, but because it's not loaded with unsatisfying filler, he eats less of it, so it comes out to about the same amount expense-wise. And he's at reduced risk for diabetes, which is a nice perk for an older cat too.

For a treat, now I give him a bit of chicken now and then. The SMELL of cold roast chicken woke him from a sound sleep 2 rooms away when I was making my lunch this morning... it's a good thing he's not allergic to chicken!

Love, Columbine

POOR LITTLE HERMES!
    THE ANIMAL ANGELS ARE SENDING A VISITORS SQUAD TO GO TO THAT SCARY OLD VETS , AND KEEP YOU COMPANY WHILE THEY MAKES YOU ALL BETTER!!!

AND THEN YOU WILL BE HOME ALL SAFE AND WELL WITH THE PRAYERS OF WE PET TALKERS!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awee Hermes your so Cute & Adorable.. I know you think your the only one.. No not at all.. My Zolene had to wear a Elibethan when she got spayed so she would not pull at her stomach.. Please get well soon ok wittle one..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Poor baby, but if the cone helps YEA. We hope that you are well soon.
    GILL & Crew;

Well yesterday I tried to take the cone off Hermes because he's just so depressed with it on and as soon as I took it off he went to scratch his head.

So the cone is back on. I might try later tonight to see if he leaves it alone but if not I guess we may have to leave it on for a while. It really stinks for him because he keeps licking the cone as if he's trying to clean himself.

Poor little guy.

Melissa

Aw, it's probably itchy due to healing. Can your vet give you something to put on it?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yea, there should be something for the itching! Poor baby, I came today to see if the cone came off.. Sorry to hear it isn't..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh, poor Hermes! That nasty collar will be gone soon, and you will feel so much better!

I hope the doctor has given you something for your Itchies.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery