So I just got two new ferrets not that long ago. Nakita about a month and a half ago at the tender age of 8 weeks, and Willow about a week and a half ago. Willow is 3. Nakita came from work. A client of mine brought her in not wanting her anymore as she is deaf. So home with me she went. Of course, there is no way you can have just one ferret, so Willow came home too. I got Willow off craigslist for free. The owner was moving and just couldn't keep her anymore, already having 6 dogs and many cats. She is a biter, but we are working on that. She only bites when she is down on the floor. She likes to crawl into your pants legs and chomp away. And boy does she bite, HARD! Broke the skin a few times. However, when she is being held she is perfectly fine. She loves to give kisses and plays with Kai and Dylan...it's just so weird how the bathroom floor has that effect on her. I've only had her for about two weeks and she has already learned that nipping is a no no.

The previous owner thought it wasn't a big deal apparently so never worked with her on it. I'm glad she's doing better. She was being fed Kaytee and is still pretty thin. She is longer than Nakita but feels so light. You could seriously feel all her bones when I got her. Hopefully now that she's on the right type of diet she will bulk up a bit. She's already put on a little weight. I had her dewormed etc.

Nakita being deaf actually wasn't that hard to train. The first three days I had her she bit very very hard! But boy did she catch on fast. She has not even attempted to nip since! She is such a sweet loving girl. She loves to give kisses too, but is so very very hyper. There is such a difference between the two, and I'm sure age plays a big part. But I'm glad they both have a friend. I can't stand to see ferrets alone.

Willow is a Marshall's ferret ( ) while Nakita came from a private breeder in Canada. She has no tattoos.