Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peeing on a chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Some cats just don't play much. My Specs is one of them. I should've named him Fraidy because he's afraid of everything and yet he picks on Boo. Go figure. If you're that upset about Clyde's peeing, maybe you should try meds instead. KIDDING! I thought of it myself at one time when my own were misbehaving, though.
    Well the frozen margarita I had earlier seemed to help a little bit! I keep trying to remember if I'm calm then he will be too! Thanks for everything...you've been a big help!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your cats. If your cat Clyde has IBD he'll most likely need to start taking prednisolone. My cat Starr has this and without it he'll have severe diarrhea and he'll just explode any where. I tried going to a holistic vet and even weaning him off of the pred but it just didn't work. He's now on 2.5mg every day but he'll still have a few accidents from time to time. His stools are usually firm now too so it's so much easier to clean this up if he does have an accident. He also takes 1/4 of a generic prozac pill every day and this helps to keep him calm because stress can also effect his IBD.

I know that you've tried several products on your chair aleady but have you tried Zero Odor? I bought some a few weeks ago and it works great. I bought it at Bed,Bath and Beyond. Starr had peed on one my bathroom rugs and even after it was washed it still smelled funny. I spayed Zero Odor on it and let it dry and now it smells great. I also used it on one of my cat beds because one of my cats threw up on it and it smelled like cat food. I hope that you'll be able to find something that works for you. Good luck.

I've been lucky that I've been able to control his IBD with diet. He's on prescription food; Royal Canin Green Peas and Duck. He free feeds on dry food and gets 1/4 can in am and 1/4 can in pm of wet food. He's been doing so good on it and has normal poop now. I do agree that is much easier to clean up when he does have an accident! I'm so glad that I've been able to control it with diet instead of medicine.

Last night I stayed downstairs with him watching tv but I kept the door closed that goes upstairs so I wouldn't have to keep running up to check on him. It kept him out of trouble! This morning he mainly stayed downstairs but went into the kitchen to look out the window for awhile before I put him away for the day. Seriously...he has a pretty good set up. He has the run of the whole downstairs: family room, laundry room, and the bathroom (more like his room w/a cat tree by the window, food, water, litter box). The other litter box is in the hall between the family room and the laundry room. He's got blankets and toys plus it's much cooler down there than the rest of the house.

Sounds like a pretty good setup to me, his own apartment! When I tell people that my cats sleep in the basement, I usually get "the look", as though I'm a cruel cat mom. But they have plenty of room, their toys are there, their litter boxes, their food and water dishes, their cat towers and beds. Believe me, they have it good. During the day, they have the enclosed patio to watch the birds, etc. and water fountains and food dishes, too. Only their litter boxes are away from the living quarters. It sounds as though you're on the ball w/your Clyde.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Well I try to be a good cat mom! He even has 2 windows to choose from down there. One to the front yard and one to the backyard! That's why it makes me mad that he'll go poop on the blanket on the couch or 5 feet from the litter box. I mean come on...I thought cats were supposed to be clean! One time I found a turd in his food bowl....who does that? My vet told me...Clyde does!

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support...I really appreciate having people to talk to about this and being able to vent a little too! I'm so glad that I found this site!!