View Poll Results: So what is Willy trying to tell us?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • He wants us to change his name to MacGuyver?*

19 59.38%
  • Obviously, he’s building a _________

6 18.75%
  • Not enough info, but keep us posted

1 3.13%
  • Nothing. He’s just a big ‘ole goober?

3 9.38%
  • Other, please describe

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willy gifts

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
    Where was the original location of each item? Any clue there?
    Piece of chalk - Workbench
    Pencil - Office
    Magnifying glass in pouch - Office
    Piece of sand paper - Workbench
    Box of wood screws - Workbench
    Picture hanging wire - Workbench
    Package of AAA batteries - Workbench
    Package of ear plugs – Shelf in bedroom
    Small knife - Workbench
    Rubber band - Office
    Vaseline lip ointment – Shelf in bedroom
    Small metal bracket - Workbench
    Assorted business cards - Office

The business cards seem to be his favorite. He brings them almost every day!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I think he is trying to build a battery powered can opener. The pencil and chalk are to draw blueprints on the back of the sandpaper, which will first sharpen the knife (to open the can). The brackets, screws, rubberband and wire are to attach the machine to a secret hiding place. He needs the magnifying glass to read the business cards to look for some "connections" where he can get supplies he can't find around the house. Lip balm is to lubricate it to keep it quieter, but the earplugs are so YOU don't hear him using it if it's still too noisy.

Clever clever kitty!
    LOL! You may be on to something! We need to pay much more attention to which business cards he brings us so we can figure out what other supplies he may need.

3. He and Eddie would have fun. But Eddie confines himself to bringing HIS things to us.

The last summer in Chicago when it was just me, Edwina and Eddie (my husband had already relocated to SoCal) Eddie would bring me the same gift every night. Two long cat toy sticks with colored strings on the end (a gift from his Auntie Barbara.)

No matter where I would put the sticks the next day...back both would be beside the bed. Spelling something out perhaps?

We moved here...one night he brought them and never again.

It is usually a cat toy. Lately it has been Edwina's red Pippi Longstocking wig. It can be frightening to step on that in the night!

Willy must be sending a message!

Obviously he's building a... don't know but it's probably noisy and/or diabolical.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I think he is trying to build a battery powered can opener. The pencil and chalk are to draw blueprints on the back of the sandpaper, which will first sharpen the knife (to open the can). The brackets, screws, rubberband and wire are to attach the machine to a secret hiding place. He needs the magnifying glass to read the business cards to look for some "connections" where he can get supplies he can't find around the house. Lip balm is to lubricate it to keep it quieter, but the earplugs are so YOU don't hear him using it if it's still too noisy.

Clever clever kitty!
    Excellent possibility! Today's gift was 1/2 of a black crayon.

Maybe he's going to color the can opener to make it harder to see?
    Last edited by kuhio98; 04-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat View Post
    Willy is such a clever and handsome kitty!
    Izzy wants to know if he is available, she would love a boyfriend kitty who brings her little gifts all the time.
    Izzy ~ I am very flattered that you would consider me boyfriend material. I am still finding myself but meowmie is convinced I "play for the other team". Not sure what that means, but I am obsessed with makeup and brushes.

Maybe you have a brother?

Sincerely, Willy

or maybe he will be using it as camo...LOL...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Willy, you sound like a smart Meezer to bring your hoomins something each day! And you are very handsome, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    The can opener theory is HILARIOUS!!!! I read that a couple of times and laughed so much.
    But now, after seeing this recent photo of Willy I think I may have come up with another possible scenerio....

Willy wants everyone to 'think' he plays for the other team but it's all part of his 'cover'. He's actually a PET DETECTIVE!!!

That's no blush brush!!! It's a fingerprint dusting brush!! And the magnifying glass is of course for closer inspection of evidence. The pencil is for taking careful notes. The chalk is for 'body outlines' should he be investigating a murder. The Napa Auto Parts business card is also part of his cover. He leads people to believe that he is an employee of Napa. He has so many fooled. He has many other business cards too, all of various employment for different situations should the need arise. That's why you find so many cards, he is constantly collecting them.
    Willy should have used the magnifying glass when he picked up the Vaseline Lip Therapy though because he misread it when he took it. He thought it said 'Lie Therapy' and planned to use it as a truth serum on a suspect he's been tracking.

The picture hanger wire is to use as makeshift handcuffs for suspects until the police arrive if he needs to make a citizen's arrest.
    The batteries are for a camera that he hasn't yet found. He'd appreciate it if you'd be so kind and leave one for him on the work bench so he could collect it. It would really round out his kit.
    The pocket knife is for self protection in his dangerous line of work and also makes a good lock pick.
    The screws and sandpaper and bracket were just to throw you off so you wouldn't figure out what he's up to. He is building a canopener in his spare time though so he is using these parts for sure, just not for detective work. He's such an amazing cat.

The earplugs are very fun to play with and have nothing to do with detective work but he likes to unwind after a long day of sleuthing and batting around the orange thingies really helps.
    The rubber band is to hold all his stuff together but he has plans to find a bag to hold his items to make a proper sherlock holmes kit soon. He's been eyeing up your make up bag for the last week. Don't be shocked if you wake up and find it at the top of the stairs tomorrow. LOL

E.T.A. The black crayon has got me stumped though. Just can't figure that one out. LOL

Last edited by Emeraldgreen; 04-17-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    OMG, that's hillarious!
    I bet you're right about the brush -- but he could be obsessed with makeup because he uses it for disguises!

I think you guys are on to something. I bought his whole act! He just might be a regular Sherlock Holmes with a dash of James Bond.

He's probably been laughing at me this whole time.

Well, I LOVE the can opener and the detective ideas- but I have a theory of my own...

Willy is inventing 'Willy's Wonderful Wake Up Call Slingshot'
    Right, the woodscrews are to attach the bracket to the wall where the sling will be placed to hold it back, so Willy can stretch it out longer than his little arms length, because the longer its stretched the further it will fly...
    The sling is obviously the rubber band...

The pencil and the cardboard from the battery pack (he will roll up the cardboard of course) are to create the main V shape for the sling/rubber band to go on. The picture hanging wire will bound the two together. The small knife is to cut the wire.

The piece of sandpaper is to make sure the pencil is nice and smooth for him to hold, because he doesn't want any splinters.

The lip ointment is to put on his paws after a hard days work as he couldn't find any treatment for paws or hands, so the lip ointment has to do for now.

The magnifying glass is so he can look closely at your eyelids to make sure you are actually asleep and won't see him use the slingshot.

The AAA batteries are to put in the slingshot and fire at you whilst you are asleep, chosen because if you get hit with one, its sure to wake you up. The chalk is used to make a mark on the sling so he knows exactly where to place the battery within it to get a straight shot. He will also leave the bit of black crayon on the floor so he knows how far to pull the slingshot foward to make sure it hits you with the intended force. The only thing left for him to get is something to keep the slingshot in the right postion whilst he goes and releases the sling (with batteries in it ready to fire) from the bracket- but of course help from another kitty friend will do the trick nicely!

The earplugs are for Willy's delicate little ears for when he fires stuff at you because he is worried you will scream and damage his hearing.

The assorted business cards are so Willy can call up lots of people afterwards and boast about how he got his breakfast early

Hope that makes sense LOL (if not tell me and I will draw a diagram).
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva View Post
    Willy is inventing 'Willy's Wonderful Wake Up Call Slingshot'
    This is a distinct possibility. Until the slingshot is complete, Willy has decided to awaken me by dropping pieces and parts on my head.

Around midnight, he dropped a plastic bag with something heavy in it on my forehead. Bleary eyed, I turned on the lights to examine it. Inside the plastic bag was a flat, oval object wrapped in kleenex.

Turns out they were Bob's old lenses. He recently got new bifocal lenses for his glasses. For some reason, they gave him his old, scratched lenses back. Willy found them on Bob's desk and brought his treasure to me.

I guess the lenses could be used to focus sunshine to start a fire?
    Since he also brought us a magnifying glass, maybe he's telling us he needs his eyes checked?
    Last edited by kuhio98; 04-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.

You have the funnest cat! I'm so jealous. lol
    Mine are entertaining but geez, Willy is almost like a little kid, it's so cool.

I think he plans to use the lenses as part of his disguise and now needs to locate a set of frames. But dropping them on your head? Hmmm, confusing. Doesn't add up. So, I think instead that he would like you to wear the lenses and because they are so scratched up, he thinks your vision will be impaired and you will not be able to keep tabs on all his top secret missions.

Oh I LOVED that TV show! You are so lucky, what an interesting collection!

And all I ever get is used catnip mice, with no more catnip scent. So MY message it pretty clear, lol.

No new parts -- I'm away at work for 2 weeks, but I had a thought.

Willy hates to be cold. We call him the Heat Seeking Missile. Maybe he's building something to generate heat?

I bought him a sweater but he hated it. Maybe he's decided to take matters into his own hands/paws?