View Poll Results: So what is Willy trying to tell us?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • He wants us to change his name to MacGuyver?*

19 59.38%
  • Obviously, he’s building a _________

6 18.75%
  • Not enough info, but keep us posted

1 3.13%
  • Nothing. He’s just a big ‘ole goober?

3 9.38%
  • Other, please describe

3 9.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Willy gifts

1. Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva View Post
    Well, I LOVE the can opener and the detective ideas- but I have a theory of my own...

Willy is inventing 'Willy's Wonderful Wake Up Call Slingshot'
    Right, the woodscrews are to attach the bracket to the wall where the sling will be placed to hold it back, so Willy can stretch it out longer than his little arms length, because the longer its stretched the further it will fly...
    The sling is obviously the rubber band...

The pencil and the cardboard from the battery pack (he will roll up the cardboard of course) are to create the main V shape for the sling/rubber band to go on. The picture hanging wire will bound the two together. The small knife is to cut the wire.

The piece of sandpaper is to make sure the pencil is nice and smooth for him to hold, because he doesn't want any splinters.

The lip ointment is to put on his paws after a hard days work as he couldn't find any treatment for paws or hands, so the lip ointment has to do for now.

The magnifying glass is so he can look closely at your eyelids to make sure you are actually asleep and won't see him use the slingshot.

The AAA batteries are to put in the slingshot and fire at you whilst you are asleep, chosen because if you get hit with one, its sure to wake you up. The chalk is used to make a mark on the sling so he knows exactly where to place the battery within it to get a straight shot. He will also leave the bit of black crayon on the floor so he knows how far to pull the slingshot foward to make sure it hits you with the intended force. The only thing left for him to get is something to keep the slingshot in the right postion whilst he goes and releases the sling (with batteries in it ready to fire) from the bracket- but of course help from another kitty friend will do the trick nicely!

The earplugs are for Willy's delicate little ears for when he fires stuff at you because he is worried you will scream and damage his hearing.

The assorted business cards are so Willy can call up lots of people afterwards and boast about how he got his breakfast early

Hope that makes sense LOL (if not tell me and I will draw a diagram).

Too, too clever WL! You have obviously been hanging out with cats and understand the inner workings of the cat brain!

This is a riot, and the theories are hysterical! Keep us posted, this thread is QUITE entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Izzy ~ I am very flattered that you would consider me boyfriend material. I am still finding myself but meowmie is convinced I "play for the other team". Not sure what that means, but I am obsessed with makeup and brushes.

Maybe you have a brother?

Sincerely, Willy
    I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread until now.
    Izzy says she has several brothers but she hasn't kept in touch with them since last summer.
    She is still intrigued by Willy but can understand him not wanting to be tied down to having a girlfriend in his line of work.

Has he left any new presents lately?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermontcat View Post
    Has he left any new presents lately?
    I am away at work in Prudhoe. I fly home on May 7th. Having serious kitty withdrawals. I'll definitely keep you posted on the Willy gifts. Bobcat hasn't mentioned any gifts, but I'll be sure to ask him tonight when we talk.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Well, I was home for 10 days and nights and Willy did not bring me a single gift. Not even a business card!

He's either given up on giving us hints, waiting for an important part to arrive, or has all the parts required to assemble whatever he's making.

My mom's cat lays his toys out in a pattern - always the same pattern - on the floor late at night. My mom picks them up in the morning putting them in his toy box but they will be back out the next morning.

I would love to know what's going on in his mind! That's the same wonder that you probably have at the "gifts" Willy brings you.
    Randy

I can see a lot of intelligence in Willy's eyes especially when he is wearing his Sherlock Holmes hat. So I am sure there IS a plan- but it may be too high for humans.

ROTFL! How did I miss this! I love the various theories and I hope Willy has got it all together now. He really has done a great job collecting! Can't wait to hear what he's up to!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Willy must be surfing the net at night and found my posting.

He hasn't brought me a single gift in over a month. I didn't really enjoy him dropping heavy things on my head, but I kind of miss the the morning mystery.

Thought I'd revisit this 2-year-old thread.

Willy doesn't bring us these unique presents anymore. Kinda sad about that.

But, he does bring us regular (more normal) kitty toys which is fine. He drags Halo's ribbons around with him so they are usually in bed with us in the morning.

But, there is a distressing new development. Shrews! Live Shrews! He catches the ones that are dumb enough to climb into the outdoor cat pen and brings them to you in the middle of the night. He doesn't have the killer instinct so he drops them live on you.

He's quite disappointed when you don't appreciate his thoughtfulness. We've started closing the bedroom door at night so he can't bring them in. I miss having him sleep with us, but I don't miss running around the house screaming like a total girl in 3:00 in the morning.

This whole thread has me in stitches and I'm thinking Willy and Eve would be quite the pair

Eve spends her wakeful wee hours dragging all the toys she played with during the day up one and two flights of stairs to drop them at our heads while we sleep In the morning the big bed is rather crowded not only with a very sleepy kitty who monopolizes a king size bed but all her toys as well

She too has a habit of bringing creatures into the house her favourites are the salamanders who allow her to carry them around until one of us rescues them

Is it possible for a cat to be a hoarder????
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu