Thread: Way to go TEXAS!

Way to go TEXAS!

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry joined state Rep. Brandon Creighton and sponsors of House Concurrent Resolution (HCR) 50 in support of states’ rights under the 10th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”

Perry continued: "Millions of Texans are tired of Washington, DC trying to come down here to tell us how to run Texas."

A number of recent federal proposals are not within the scope of the federal government’s constitutionally designated powers and impede the states’ right to govern themselves. HCR 50 affirms that Texas claims sovereignty under the 10th Amendment over all powers not otherwise granted to the federal government.

It also designates that all compulsory federal legislation that requires states to comply under threat of civil or criminal penalties, or that requires states to pass legislation or lose federal funding, be prohibited or repealed.
    Salute!

This is especially good considering that the Department of Homeland Security recently issued a edict warning about "Right Wing Extremist" groups. Part of their description of "Right Wing Extremist" groups is a group that supports a states right to "give the finger" to the Feds if the Federal Government tries to FORCE something unconstitutional on them... Like say, "bailouts"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cals-on-right/

(This link is VERY busy right now.... It might not work for awhile.)

Further... What of the Left Wing Extremists in DC ignoring the very document that is swears to DEFEND?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Woot!!!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Hmmm....the Quebec separatists might want to look at this.

One thing that always struck me about the US of A is how the individual states had so much of an identity; they were almost like sovereign countries in their own right, as opposed to the provinces' role here in Canada.

EG, we have the Canada Health Act - and yet each province has its own Health Plan.

Yeah, it makes my head hurt...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Hmmm....the Quebec separatists might want to look at this.
    This is not the same thing. The US Constitution defines a very limited scope of power to a Federal Government. The founders realized that a Federal Government was a necessary evil as the Articles of Confederation simply did not work. Our country did need some things to be controlled at a Federal level... Commerce (a central currency), defence, international relations... but the Constitution, again, grants a very limited amount of power to the Federal Government. The climax of which is the 10th Amendment to the Constitution. It basically says that any right not defined to the Federal Government is reserved to the States or the People.

So in a nutshell... Things like the Federal Department of Education, Department of Homeland Security... The obscene acts taken by Republican and Democratic administrations since about the 1920's... All plainly not Constitutional.

Just because the People vote a person to the Presidency does NOT make that person a despot, free from the limited rights granted them by the Constitution. You want that to change? Then amend the Constitution. But that is the problem... These people we are forced into electing could NEVER get their radical agendas past the amendment process...

So what Governor Perry is doing is simply reminding the Federal Government of the way things should be. I do not believe we are to the point of states seceding.... Yet. I pray we never do, because that will be a sad day indeed.

We are simply repeating history.... Rather than learning from it.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Hopefully if Gov Palin is at the Tea Party I can ask her in person to follow Texas' example.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I love Nora O'Donnel.....She's a newsreader on the tube.

She's cute and wouldn't mind looking at her teleprompter....

But, she may be dumb as a brick,

She was doing an interview with some pundit and commented on Texas wanting to 'succeed' from the Union.

I had to laugh and wonder why MSNBC and CNN missed the Tea Parties.

Now I know!