I purchased this for my photography classes at Ohio State and have no use for it - Used it for 6 to 7 months, so it is barely like-new/very good condition. It just shouldn't be sitting around in my room not being used, so... I think it would be great for any photographer/hobbyist/beginner who wants to learn....If interested, contact me. I am asking for the same price I paid for it - between $200-250. Serious inquires only, this needs to go ASAP. (I will throw in free shipping...)

About it:
It is very much an entry-level SLR, with a manually set (but completely battery-dependent) shutter from 1/2 sec to 1/2000 sec, flash sync at 1/60 sec, manual focusing, manual diaphragm, and manual film advance. There is a through-lens meter (with manually set ISO speeds from 25-1600—no DX coding) though the one concession to automation is optional Aperture-Priority autoexposure: a green “A” on the dial beside the white shutter speeds, alongside a red “Lock” or off switch. For someone who wants to take control themselves, the VSL 43 is hard to beat: all the controls are there, and you are responsible for setting every single one of them.