Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is with a heavy and confused heart....

It is with a heavy and confused heart....

I can't believe I'm writing this. I was hoping that by now I would be able to post new pics of Tootie's babies that were born about 2 weeks ago. Well, there are no babies to photograph! This morning when I went to check on Tootie and the babies (feed, water, clean out the kennel, etc) I found Tootie with a mouth full of fur and BW laying lifeless in the box, black and white fur all around. Spike was lifeless in the little den we put in the kennel. I couldn't believe it! As soon as I opened the kennel door, Tootie left. (We did this every day so she could have her freedom and not feel like we were punishing her. She came back several times a day to check on the babies and then just lounge out on the patio. At night we put her up with fresh food, water, litter so she and the babies would be safe)

There are no signs of wounds, no blood... they were just....gone.

They hadn't been dead long. It was about midnight when we looked out and Tootie was nursing them. I found this at 9 this morning.

My roommate and I decided it best to remove the babies, the box, den, kennel... but now Miss Tootie keeps coming up on the patio were things were set up and look at us as though to say, where are my babies? It's heart breaking!

What happened? They seemed healthy, active.... Did we do the right thing cleaning things up so soon? Have we made things worse for Tootie?

Please pray for her and us.....

Thank you.....

Lori Be....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tootie Nov 08.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	266.3 KB 
ID:	42425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BW n Spike April 09.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	42426  
    Help support ferals

Oh my my I am so sorry to have to read this.. Sorry for your loss.. You know sometimes the mom's know best.. Could be the babies had something wrong with them.. It is natural for the mom to kill babies that are weak or have health problems.. I am sure there was nothing you could have done.. However please get Miss Tootie Spayed now so this wont happen again ok.. RIP wittle ones & may you be with the Angels at RB now..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What Lvpets2002 said!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So sad! I know your heart is broken but do not blame yourself or question anything you did. There is probably nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening so don't question what you may have done wrong..

You did exactly what any of the rest of us would have done. (((HUGS)))

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

OH no, I am so sorry. I have heard that some cats (or dogs) just aren't good mothers. It's not your fault, it's just nature.
    But I do hope you can get Tootie fixed so you won't have to possibly go through this heartache again.

RIP BW and Spike.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Tootie may have known that something was amiss w/her kittens. When I rescued Pidge, her 3 kittens were born prematurely and she kept lying on top of them. She wasn't trying to nurse; she was trying to smother them. I had to remove them from her but they all died anyhow. But if that isn't the reason for Tootie's behavior, it still isn't something that you could've second guessed or that you can blame yourself for so try not to feel to badly about it. I know it's difficult, especially when you came upon such a scene as that but it wasn't something that you could've foreseen or you wouldn't have let them be together.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hugs to you, I am so sad just reading this, I can't imagine how you feel finding that situation.

RIP BW and Spike.

Please arrange to have Tootie spay, ok? She is LOVELY! Try to just enjoy her now.

When Pouncette had Gary and Ivon at the Found Cat Hotel , I also found the tiny head of a new born Kitten , Pouncier who she had eaten , all that was left was the tiny head.
    That Kitten was either still born or mal formed and was eaten so Pouncette could comcentarte on her Healthy Ones.
    You shoulnt blame yourself, you did all that you could and it could be that BW and Spike had something wrong that you couldnt sense, but Tootie could.
    Or had a fit of anger and killed them, and now feels sorry.
    You did the best that you could and BW and Spike as Eternal Kitten Angels will be there to greet you in Paradise.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It might not hurt to have her checked over at the vet...and maybe arrange the spay while you are there. The vet may have some answers on why this happens, and how often.

Those dear babies were so cute and adorable...I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak you are feeling.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so, so sorry to hear about Tooties babies. How awful for you and your roomate to have to see this. About 2-3 years ago, our shoemaker took in a stray mama that had 5 adorable babies and after 2 weeks they started to die off one by one. All 5 of her babies died within 2-3 weeks. I asked my vet what could have happened and he said it's hard to say without doing test on them, but if he had to make a guess, he said it could have been from distemper.
    If you plan on still feeding the mama and taking care of her as an outdoor cat, please bring her to be checked out by a vet and get her spayed before she becomes pregnant again. I'm sure you wouldn't want to go through this again.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you and your roomate.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Bw and Spike are now Eternal Kitten Angels and Ebony Beau Tubster, his Best Pla Smokey and his New Wife Peaches have adopted them, so they will be a family now with the Animal Angel Army!!

Next week they are starting thier travels together with Lura up the Mississippi and then off to Berlin!!!

And they will all see you one day Lori Beth in love.
    One Fine Day!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My room mate and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your kind and encouraging words re: the loss of BW and Spike earlier this week.

It was a rough week. The following day, Tuesday, Blackman, a scruffy, but beautiful guy we tamed to the point of being able to pet his head, was finally caught and taken to the vet's for the usual TNR, but sadly he tested possitive and was put down.

It really hit my room mate hard. She spends so much time and effort and TLC with these kids in making them adoptable. In fact the vet labled her the 'cat whisperer'.

My way of thinking is this is one less kitty who will suffer....

Now, we need some heavy duty prayers, good vibes, possitive thougths in catching Tootie. SHE'S IN HEAT!!! I saw her weaving that little butt today infront of a fellow we call Tigger. The little hussy! We get her then we've gotten all the females in the colony.

PS.... here's a pic of Blackman RIP
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Help support ferals

Oh I am sorry to read about Blackman. RIP, handsome boy. It has been a rough week for you, hasn't it? Prayers are going up right now that you'll be able to trap Tootie before she gets pregnant. That's all you need. Tootie, you've got to stop that!!!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks Medusa.

Ellie, my room mate always tells Tootie to 'sit on it'! I hope she does until we catch her!
    Help support ferals

OMG, Lori, I just saw this, and it's just heartbreaking!

Must have been such a shock for you to come to her kennel and find the babies gone.

You will probably never find out what has happened. Maybe they were ill and Tootie just did what's a cat mommy's sad duty in such a case... Please don't blame yourself, I'm sure you did everything right. Sometimes Nature's ways are just mysterious and hard to understand, but I'm sure it made some sense...

R.I.P. little ones, you were very much loved while you were here on Earth!

Kirsten