Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tattoos

tattoos

do any of ya'll have tattoos? like symbols that mean something?? signs or whatever--I got one back in september it's a symbol that means 'love' in another language...i want to get another tattoo soon..then that's all i want..maybe like a dragonfly..a purple one i think
    so just wondering what kinds ya'll have!!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Ive got five, lets see if I can attach some pics. Only pics of 4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barmaid2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	42133   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atom.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	42134   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyebulb.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	42135   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jesus.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	42136  
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I'd love to have a facial closeup of RB Cody and Mz Logan on my ankles, but I am seriously, and I mean, a big baby, petrified of needles. A quick injection I can barely tolerate, so to have a tattoo done would be unbearable. I think they're beautiful and artistic and I admire the people who do them.

I've been Boooo'd!

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Ive got five, lets see if I can attach some pics. Only pics of 4.
    cool you have a lot!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by K9karen View Post
    I'd love to have a facial closeup of RB Cody and Mz Logan on my ankles, but I am seriously, and I mean, a big baby, petrified of needles. A quick injection I can barely tolerate, so to have a tattoo done would be unbearable. I think they're beautiful and artistic and I admire the people who do them.
    Oh that would be neat to get one of your dogs. I'm afraid of needles but I really really wanted the tattoo--so I went ahead and got one and to tell you the truth it's really not as painful as you'd think. It stings ofcourse but nothing like I had imagined-what hurt the most was when they did the color on mine...they outlined it w/purple..

Here's a observation?

I like tattoos- There are tats I really cannot stand.

Now, is the 'star' the newest fad? I guess it is and the meaning is as different as the person who gets them. But I just don't get the 'star on the neck/triceps' location.

And,
    When you do the 'hot' tattoo of the moment, doesn't that tie you in to a certain phase and you 'date' yourself by going with that style? I liked the tribal/South Pacific styles, then Mike Tyson did his face.....

I know the tattoo I want-I have known for decades, but, I just don't like needles either.

I plan on getting a tattoo sometime in the near future. I am going to have my sister draw if for me, she's an amazing artist!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Here are pictures of my four. The last one is a picture of my husband's, those are his kids' names. He also has one with my name, but I guess I don't have a picture of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TattooDragonfly.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	42162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShannaTattoo1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	42163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TattooRaven.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	42164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TattooSunMoon.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	42165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TattooJoe.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	42166  

"We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Here's mine..

It's their actual paw prints.. I got them to step on paint, transfered it over, and had the artist get the outline. I plan on getting Keeva's soon now that she's full grown.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Nice ink TW and BN.

I want to get Blue, Verde and Erps paw prints someday.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I've known what I want for a while now but I'm waiting until the end of my temporary job here because tattoos are just one of the things my boss said would get me fired. I want two paw prints, one of Niņo's kind of like blinka_nugget's on my upper back, and one stylized one on my left wrist like the marking Niņo has on his left paw. I also think I want the sun logo or icon that was used in a lot of Lion King stuff somewhere.

Niņo & Eliza

twisterdog I like your tattoo of the dragonfly I want one kinda like that on my lower back..but I want it to be colored in purple...

Is any one watching the NBA playoffs?

Holy Mole,

SOme of the players have the worst tattoos I have ever seen on human skin.

No wonder these guys get into trouble all the time.They don't have the brain to get some ink that looks good. Check out the guy they call the "Birdman" that plays for Denver.

There is another player that has a large pair of red lips tattooed on his neck.

I have seen better 'art' up the street in the elementary school kindergarten classes!

Simba's pawprint. Similar to Ashley's idea, but I used ink and had him do every single smudge and print that went on the paper.

This is a stick figure skeleton walking a stick figure skeleton dog with the word unity written on the bottom. Meaning my dogs and I will walk together until death. We're one.

These are two different ones. The footprint is my goddaughter's and it's in honor of my best friend/her mom who passed away last year. The words "What a life to take, What a bond to break" are written there. The flowers were added later. The daisy is my best friend's birthmonth flower. The rose is my goddaughter's.

This is for my grandfather who passed away last year. He used to sing this song to me all the time long before he became incredibly ill.

And my next one will be this (attached) on my other foot.
    It means friendship (crossed arrows) happiness (sun) and peace (broken arrows.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kay how is the color holding up on your flower tattoos? How often will it have to be reinked?

I, with my "sensitive" (ridiculously so) skin and my many allergies, do not have any tattoos - with my luck I'd be allergic to the ink and end up with a massive infection and scars. I just count my scars as my own version of tattoos - I can tell you the story of each one!
    I've Been Frosted