Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed, Pirate

Godspeed, Pirate

This morning Pirate was released from her failing body. I never knew Pirate as a young, healthy dog, but with good vet care, she had 14 comfortable, happy months here. She was fading over the past couple weeks with the bad days getting more frequent. Her mobility was limited, she had little control over her body and even less interest in anything around her. The only thing left to do for her was give her a gentle crossing. Our mobile vet came to the house and Pirate passed peacefully on her favorite blankets surrounded by love. I wish I had longer with her, but I am glad she was here even for a brief time; glad she knew warmth, safety and love in her life. I adored her and my heart is broken, but I know hers is whole and healthy again.

Godspeed my girly. I'll miss you.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

God speed, Pirate.
    You knew heaven on earth this past year.

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. Freckles is right - you gave her the best 14 months any dog could ever have.

Godspeed, Pirate.

not what i wanted to hear... but I´m glad she passed on peacefully and surrounded by love... just as she deserved... you gave her her best last 14 months...

we´ll miss you cutie!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I am so sad to read this news. I always looked forward to updates on how Pirate was doing. Thank you so much for helping her to have a wonderful final year and for sharing that with us as well.

I'm so sorry about Pirate. She was such a beautiful girl. Bless you for giving her so much love in her old age. Rest in Peace sweet Pirate.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Unhappy

Oh Glacier I am so sorry about Pirate. She had a wonderful 14 months with you and I know those were the best months of her life. You do so much for these dogs and I admire you for doing what you do helping them no matter how long or short their stay is you make them know that they were loved and cherished.

Pirate was very, very gorgeous. You'll be in my thoughts.. (((hugs)))

RIP beautiful Pirate, my Rocky and Jenny will show you the ropes at the rainbow bridge.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

If you hadn't opened your heart and home to Pirate she would have made the journey to the bridge much sooner. You allowed her 14 more wonderful months here with you. She will only know the love you gave her in this past year.

RIP Pirate
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry that she had to leave you. Thank you so much for giving her the best 14 months ever.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Pirate was a lucky girl when she came to live with you, Tamara. You gave her a wonderful life and I know she was at peace when she left you. Bless you for all the good you do.

Rest In Peace Sweet Pirate Play hard at the bridge precious girl

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye. She's such a beautiful soul and I know she touched your life. I love that picture. It is the way she should be remembered, content and happy with a wonderful treasure. I think you both found a treasure in each other.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Rest in peace, beautiful Pirate. Your illnesses and pain are now over, and you are young and strong and running with husky glee up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

And another angel is now at the Rainbow Bridge. What a beautiful and especially lucky girl she was to have you give her the best months of her long life at your home.

She went taking with her all of the warm and loving memories of good care that you gave her.

Your own wings are pretty sparkly - so I know she will be back in spirit to visit you often.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Travel safely Pirate and enjoy your new youth and spirit!!!

Hugs Tamara!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

RIP beautiful Pirate. I never met you, but I loved you just the same.
    Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet girl.

Glacier, I am so glad you took her in and gave her the best treatment ever for her last year on Earth. You are an angel and a blessing to so many.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018