Thread: Prays Needed for Apollo & Hermes

Prays Needed for Apollo & Hermes

Early this morning around 3:30 a.m. I heard one of our guys throwing up. I found a small hairball and some other throw up spots as well.

I thought it was from Fiona but a little later on Apollo started throwing up and continued. He must of had an upset tummy or something. He was hiding under the kitchen table and wouldn't come out. I brought him to work with me since there isn't a lot of people here today. He seems to be acting fine now, he is eating a little bit of food now and wants love and I think he's doing better now.

Hermes on the other hand has been coughing, it sounds like it's in his lungs but I can't be sure. He doesn't seem to have any discharge out of his nose or anything like that and his eyes look fine but it's just this deep congestion sounding cough.

I'm probably going to call the vets today about him since he has Herpes as well.

Prays would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jan 2010 (12).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	45179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feb 2010 (29).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	867.8 KB 
ID:	45180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Jan 2010 (33).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	45181  

Thats always a sad scary feeling when we hear a Cat whos not feeling well and we imagine the worst!!
    We at the Found Cat Hotel send All Of Our Prayers and Love to You Appollo ^^ and Hemes^^ , Our Dear Cat^^ Friends!!^^ ^^!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers on the way!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Prayers for Apollo and Hermes. Be well, kitties!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So Apollo's okay to be at work with you. He must love people. I know that mine would be too stressed out being in a strange place. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Apollo and Hermes.

Since Hermes has the herpes virus, have you tried giving him Lysine? It comes in either a paste or powder form and the powder form can be mixed in with his food.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    So Apollo's okay to be at work with you. He must love people. I know that mine would be too stressed out being in a strange place. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Apollo and Hermes.

Since Hermes has the herpes virus, have you tried giving him Lysine? It comes in either a paste or powder form and the powder form can be mixed in with his food.
    Apollo was fine, he managed to go up the stairs while I wasn't watching him and I ended up taking him up to my co-workers office since she has a door to confine him a little better. He had a fun morning, I took him back home at lunch time since he was acting fine.

I actually have Lysine at home, I think we stopped giving him the powder mix because it was around the time he started scratching at his head and he ended up needing surgery on his face. I'll check with the vet tonight. I peeked in on him in the bedroom and he started having a coughing fit, it almost sounds like Sophia's cough (she has asthma) but I'm just hoping it's just a simple cold since Fiona, Osiris, Apollo all had it. I'm thinking he is just getting the little cold bug but I just hope it's not asthma.

Melissa

Prayers going up for Apollo and Hermes and you, Melissa. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I second that too.. Prayers coming..
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    from Chicago too
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I hope your kitties feel better soon. I hope Hermes doesn't have feline heartworm, that's always my worst fear when clients call and have a coughing kitty, fortunately it's not very common.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

HI Everyone-

Hermes was at the vets last night and the congestion isn't in his lungs thank goodness. He does have an URI and he's on clavomox 1 1/2 tablets for the next 7 or 10 days.

She said if he isn't better we will need to bring him in for a recheck but if he's fine we won't need too

Now back to Apollo he got sick again last night, he started throwing up, diahrea, he seems to be feeling better this morning but he threw up a lot last night so if you guys could say some more prays that this doesn't develop into anything I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
    melissa

Glad to hear Hermes is taken care of but what is this with Apollo? Prayers on the way from here too for him. Be careful he don't get dehydrated.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers for you all. May Hermes stay well and Apollo be back to normal shortly.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Melissa, I'm glad to hear that Hermes is now on antibiotics and hopefully he'll recover quickly. I'm so sorry to hear that Apollo is still sick. If he's still on antibiotics, do you think that this is causing him to become sick? My Storm became very sick after he'd been on Clavamox pills for a while and my vet at the time said that some cats will become sick from it. He threw up and another time he had a lot of diarrhea from a different type of antibiotic. He then received a shot for the rest of his doseage and didn't have a reaction to it. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both Apollo and Hermes.

Apollo is doing well now, it must of just been a bug I'm hoping but we'll see.

Hermes, well he is being very difficult about taking the pills. I checked at Petco for those pill pockets because he did eat them at the vets and they were $9. I'm going to check at Walmart to see if they are any cheaper or get him some can food and see if he'll eat that with the pills.

I somewhat feel the need to call the vets and see if there is anyway we could give him a shot if he isn't going to take these pills because he has really bad gums right now so I'm sure me pushing his jaw open isn't helping him feel good. But we'll see. I may see if I can find these pocket pill things cheaper.

Melissa