Thread: How to help you mom feel better…..

How to help you mom feel better…..

My mom did not have a good week. Let me set the stage by saying she has this neck pain (not me!!!) that she gets ever since she whacked her head on an open casement window while trying to rescue a baby bird in the Spring.

Last week the neck pain got really, really bad (serves her right going off to Milwaukee and sleeping in a strange bed and all!) By Thursday night when she got home she was unable to sleep at all (very annoying as I would just get comfortably wrapped around her legs when she would have to move!) She was very tired Friday but went to work anyway because she had to go to the dentist. She broke a tooth eating ICE CREAM on the airplane back from London. Her dentist was out of town so some other dentist put some temporary thing in her mouth and it was time to get the real thing.

But the dentist couldn’t get the “temporary” thing out. He said he would have to “tap” it out. He brought out a hammer and chisel…then a drill…..

So she thought she would go back to the office, clean things up and come home. But her secretary dropped the ball (wait a minute...if she is MY secretary, why does she have a secretary???) and momma had to fix it so she didn’t leave until 4:00.

That’s where I came in. As soon as she lay down I began to attack her fingers and toes. I had to jump on the blanket (a lot) to see if it was properly arranged. To make sure she was comfortable on her back I tried out her tummy as a trampoline. I climbed all over her and chased imaginary creatures. She finally got the hint and got out toys so we could play for a while. When I thought she was sufficiently exercised I went to sleep!

It seems to have helped so I thought I would pass along my technique!

Ah, Edwina, I can tell you are a doctor cat in training! Little did you know you helped your mom deal with what sounds like a horrid day. Breaking a tooth on ice cream? Perhaps you should be her official taster...you know, like Kings/Queens used to do? Maybe you could encourage her to switch to yoguart? Plus, you tired her out, and helped take her mind off of her troubles...so, I am sure she was able to drift off to sleep right after you did! I hope her mouth and week gets better. If it doesn't, you know just what to do!

tanks for the tip Miz Edwina. dis is leonardo. mawmee has been feelin poorly since she cleaned da furnace yesterday. she had to get on da floor and use the suck-em-up to git fur balls out of it. where day came from i don't know. anyhow wif her arthur itis she has trouble gittin up off da floor and has to have someting to pull herself up wif. she looks so funny. i tried to help by puttin my nosey on her rump. she did not appreciate dat. anyway she was real sore and sick yesterday so i slept curled up by her back and chester by her knees. she said we's the best heating pads she's ebber had. she still feelin poorly taday so we will try your technique to cheer her up. she been in bed most all day so needs da excersie too. we all admire you and your hat collection a lot. your friend, leonardo.

Oh , you little sweetheart Edwina!

Edwina hope your mommy gets to feeling better..sounds like you did a good job.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Oh Edwina and Leonardo what good furbabies you both are. xx
    Looking after poorly mummies is what puscats do so well. Keep up the good work.

Sara - ICE CREAM?!! (Sorry just made me chuckle!)

Lynne

Edwina I hope your mommy feels better. It's nice that you take care of her when she had a bad day.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Good kitty

Such a considerate little girl you are! I bet you made mawmee feel MUCH better with your antics...oh, I meant TLC.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Wow, what a horrid day!

There must have been a nutshell in that icecream. Taylor's mom did that once when eating a cookie. Required a crown. Such a lovely and caring mom to try to rescue the bird. What a bummer to hit her head. You, Edwina, must be a comfort to mom after a day like that! Keep up the good work! Catwhisperer is presently saying a little prayer that your mom feels better soon. Know how it goes to be when she wants to be Take care of your secretary(mom), Edwina, and thanks for letting us know.