Thread: TONIGHT ABC's Nightline will be investigating Puppymills!

TONIGHT ABC's Nightline will be investigating Puppymills!

Well friends, once again, the cat is out of the bag - or should we say the dog out of the hutch! This Friday night, March 27, ABC's Nightline will be investigating puppy mills!

ABC Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi and investigators from Nightline travel the byways and back roads of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania - visiting numerous puppy mills and filming Main Line Animal Rescue's volunteers as they rescue breeding dogs and puppies from Lancaster County's notorious Amish commercial breeding facilities.

This promises to be a very special program. If you are involved in rescue, advocate on behalf of the millions of puppy mill dogs interned in our nation's commercial dog breeding facilities, or if you just simply love animals, you will not want to miss this.

Sharyn Alfonsi interviewed, on camera, an Amish breeder while touring his facility - a first for network television. With approximately 500 dogs housed on his property, this commercial breeder speaks openly about an industry cloaked in secrecy and suspicion - the cruel factory farming of man's best friend.

PLEASE tell your friends, your family, your coworkers - ABC Nightline investigates puppy mills - this Friday at 11:35 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Please take the time to forward this to all the rescues, shelters, and legislators in your area.

It has been almost one year since Oprah's puppy mill show aired. That program received the highest viewer response of any Oprah Show in years. Now we need to spread the word about this very special Nightline. Only by educating as many people as we can, will we be able to help these animals. And after you watch the program, please don't hesitate to contact ABC and Nightline to thank them for casting such a strong light on the plight of our nation's puppy mill dogs.

Bill Smith
    Main Line Animal Rescue
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Very cool! I'll try to catch it!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Thanks for the heads up.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm traveling to Jordan's parent's house so I can watch it, as I do my best here to educate everyone I know about puppy mills

Quote Originally Posted by animal_rescue View Post

This Friday night, March 27, ABC's Nightline will be investigating puppy mills!
    Are we sure the PuppyMill show is on tonight?

Here's what the Yahoo TV Listings shows for tonight (March 27, 2009) at 10:00 pm:

Some Day I'll learn how to *read*

DISREGARD the following BAD Info >>>

Inside the Financial Fiasco: Debt Trap

Tonight at 10:00 pm WFMJHD (ch 21.1) All Upcoming Airings
    Chris Hansen files the second of his three-part report on the economic crisis.
    Inside the Financial Fiasco: Debt Trap profiles families who are on the cusp of
    bankruptcy and exposes shady practices ...
    (No second segment is mentioned.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

CORRECTION:

The ABC Network show NIGHTLine will be aired (as the first poster *posted*
    ***correctly*** )
    at 11:35 pm Tonight, Friday, March 27, 2009.

I watched most of ABC's 10 pm show "20/20" before I noticed it wasn't "NIGHT Line" -
    and sure wasn't about PuppyMills.

Soooooo ...
    After the 11 pm News runs ... I'll take another stab at ABC's scheduled broadcast
    of NIGHTLine at about 11:35 pm ...

Last edited by Cinder & Smoke; 03-27-2009 at 10:24 PM.

I watched it & was quite disappointed in it... I swear they were showing that Puppy mills aren't as bad as we think they are... You saw what? 3 dogs in "rough" shape, & hundreds in good shape?

If I didn't know what Puppy mills really were, I'd think, well thats not too bad. They are clean, get excersize & have clean water.

They really should have shown the BAD ones, the sick dogs, the dead dogs, the deformed, & sick pups.

I personally think it was so warm of a show to educate people that puppy mills are bad...

Well thats what I thought of it anyways.

I missed it, not having read this post until the morning after. Wonder if it will air again sometime?
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

It made puppy mills look, 'kind of ok.' Don't even know why it was put on tv? Don't think it did much to educate people.
    Forever in my heart...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    It made puppy mills look, 'kind of ok.' Don't even know why it was put on tv? Don't think it did much to educate people.
    agreed 100%.. the only part that might have made people think, OMG HOW COULD THEY! was the 2 second description on how the dogs are debarked

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    I watched it & was quite disappointed in it... I swear they were showing that Puppy mills aren't as bad as we think they are... You saw what? 3 dogs in "rough" shape, & hundreds in good shape?

If I didn't know what Puppy mills really were, I'd think, well thats not too bad. They are clean, get excersize & have clean water.

They really should have shown the BAD ones, the sick dogs, the dead dogs, the deformed, & sick pups.

I personally think it was so warm of a show to educate people that puppy mills are bad...

Well thats what I thought of it anyways.
    I just watched this online.. and I don't know if I agree with what you are saying. I agree that the show didn't go into to much depth on puppy mills, and could have been better... but I certainly wouldn't say it showed Puppy mills weren't all that bad. I think that guy with the 200+ dogs was a complete moron! He said it was safer and more humane for his dogs to be locked in small cages on wire 24/7 and to run in a giant hamster wheel than letting them outside in fresh air? He says his puppies are healthier the way he keeps them than other breeders who let their dogs run and play outside??? That guy is just trying to BS everyone into thinking his way of taking care of his dogs is ok.....

I just don't know how anyone could honestly go to that place, see all the dogs in cages (in the part the public is allowe to see) and pick out a dog to buy and take home..... its just crazy. JMO
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritwind View Post
    That guy is just trying to BS everyone into thinking his way of taking care of his dogs is ok.....
    That's the point, he *will* BS a lot of uneducated people into thinking what he's doing is ok. All they'll see is the cute puppies and buy one.
    Perhaps if they had showed more of the really nasty puppymills, most people would know that's not the way to care for dogs.
    Forever in my heart...