Thread: Need Money Bad, So I'm sell what I can :(

Need Money Bad, So I'm sell what I can :(

Due to Digi's recent vet bills I have learned that I'm now completely ******

I'm selling:
    My Red Norco Mt. Bike for $50.00 (Bought it for 500.00)
    **1 14-17" Black Shark (fresh water) for $100.00
    **1 Grey & 1 Pied Cockatiel + a Travel Cage for $200.00
    **1 RES (turtle) for $100.00
    A PII computer for $20.00
    A Camera + leather case for $20.00 (uses film)
    A 10Gallon tank + Canopy for $10.00
    A 5Gallon tank for $5.00

I'm located in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Ps. ** I will not sell my animals to just anyone. You must prove you can care for them properly & have time for them!!

I hate myself right now

Can your vet not work out a payment plan? Do you have to pay this all at once?

I can't find a Canadian link right now, but I know CareCredit is available in Canada. http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/whycc.html

Also, see if funding is available from the Humane Society; if not, they will know who to call.

HUGS!

You have also posted on Craigslist and Kijiji?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Can your vet not work out a payment plan? Do you have to pay this all at once?

I can't find a Canadian link right now, but I know CareCredit is available in Canada. http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/whycc.html

Also, see if funding is available from the Humane Society; if not, they will know who to call.

HUGS!

You have also posted on Craigslist and Kijiji?
    Thank you!

My vet will only do payment plans for emergencies.
    Not something like this. I'll email the THS & see if they can lend a hand as my vet is in Toronto.

Care Credit wont help me (I tried them when I first got Digi). Now I hate my ex even more... My finances wouldn't be anything like this if he didn't leave me with all his bills! The A-hole has 2 BEEPING HOUSES & AN AIRPLANE!!!!!

I have ads all over Kijiji trying to sell my things. I'll be adding even more tonight when I get home, as I'll be able to list things properly. I have a lot of electronic things/parts I can prob sell. I'll put the Stove up for sale too, as I can prob get 50-75 for it.. it works fine, its just FILTHY as sin (not from me, I'm not a nasty slob lol)!!!

How much of a Vet Bill are we talking about?? You said its just for a Heart Worm Test right??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    How much of a Vet Bill are we talking about?? You said its just for a Heart Worm Test right??
    I can't see it possibly being over 200.00... The visit+ test should be about 100.00 & the heartworm/flea med for 1 month is 20.00 for Digi.. The one Cash will need will be much cheaper as hes a normal sized cat & doesn't need the heartworm version, only flea. If I could get 2 months worth of meds for both it'll make things even easier on me, as Driving 80km to the vet is a lot of gas.

When I get home I'll call the vet to get proper figures as I'm at work.

In 2 months time I'll be fine again. Its just that emergengy vet bill, Digi's vet's bill + 5 meds + tests, & that 60.00 call to poison control took every penny I had... I'm able to JUST pay my bills for next month (all bills are due within the first week)... Whats worse is that I have a Dentist apt next week thats gonna eat 200.00 that I don't have & I have no choice to have the tooth pulled because its poisoning me & I'm sick from it. Not to mention in pain every time i open my mouth as that tooth is sharp & is cutting into my cheak... I have to do OT like crazy so I can have enough $ for May's bills... So no matter how dead I feel next week with a pulled tooth I have to work.

I'm so flustered!

After this crisis - I hope you can get a pro bono lawyer (or one through your workplace, if they have a legal department) to go after the ex for restitution. DO IT.

hugs
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

After this crisis - I hope you can get a pro bono lawyer (or one through your workplace, if they have a legal department) to go after the ex for restitution. DO IT.

hugs
    I'll send you a PM as to why I refuse to do that..

Sent, I hope you understand

hugs
    Well I guess I missed a reading somewhere.. I wont ask if the boyfriend is going to help you out>> Oppss

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Well I guess I missed a reading somewhere.. I wont ask if the boyfriend is going to help you out>> Oppss
    The above is going back about 4yrs now. She was one of the people I spoke to a lot during that hellish time...

I haven't been with my boyfriend all that long, so I can only ask for so much $ before I look like a mooch... He is helping me out with the bills (not that vet visit). He just spent 2k to help his career so hes running low, he's getting a raise next month, & with that I'll be upping his rent so bills are even between us (if he didn't spend the money on his career he wont go anywhere let alone get a nice raise... so it was a must)... Thats why in 2 months time I'll be fine.. its just this little hickup thats an issue

Some good news, I checked all my hrs & I'm actually short 8hr this pay (paid today)! That'll help a lot.. Now I just need to pull off 16hrs of OT some how next month Curse Holidays!!! I'm going to try to work throughout the holiday & most of the time I'm in Montreal...

I'm not paying for that trip.. its a HUGE holiday for Jews (Passover) & people are coming from all over to meet me!! I've never felt important like this before & wow, is it ever stressful! But a good stress *breaths*

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Check out www.fundable.com
    Read everything carefully to see if you want to open a collection.
    fundable takes a cut of what is donated.
    If you don't get all the $$ you're requesting by the deadline, you get none of the money. So, keep your request on the small side. But, if you get more money than you originally requested, you get to keep it.

If you do open a collection, make sure to post the link here so folks can donate if they have extra funds.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.