Thread: Today's Adventure

Today's Adventure

This morning the landlord was over at my complex to turn off our heaters and turn on the coolers. He is horrible at remembering to close the doors so I always make sure to lock the kitties up when I know that he is coming over to work on the place. I live in a small complex, only 6 units so we all know each other well except for one girl who moved in a couple of months ago.

Today my neighbor Ray came over to ask if Corkscrew was missing, because there was a cat outside that looked like him. It wasn't Corkscrew but the cat was very friendly and came up to us right away. I knew that the new girl had an orange cat because I remember seeing him at the window and thinking that he looked like Corkscrew. Ray and I both being cat lovers weren't sure what to do about the escaped kitty, but we knew that we had to make sure we didn't lose him. Neither one of us wanted to bring him into our homes because we both have male cats that will spray if we bring in another cat even if we were to lock it up in a seperate room.

After being with the cat for a while two more of our cat loving neighbors (all but one person in the complex owns cats, the oddball has two dogs) joined us playing with the cat to make sure he didn't stray off. We finally called our landlord who came back over to open her door so we could put the kitty inside her apartment. Then I started to panic and was worried that maybe it wasn't her cat! Could you imagine coming home from work and finding a stray cat in your house?

When the neighbor finally arrived home from work we all rushed out to ask if the escaped kitty was hers, thankfully it was! She was very thankful that we all cared about her kitty and didn't want to leave until we made sure that he was back where he belonged! It's also good to know that should one of my kitties ever escape I'll have the whole complex looking out for them!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Awww, that's a great story! I'd love to have neighbors like that too. My neighbors are very good as well.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a sweet story! I can imagine everyone playing with the new kitty, then the panic as you thought you'd returned a stray cat to the wrong apartment!

What a lucky boy to have all these people running around after him. That is really nice to know that you have such good neighbours who would help your cats.

Yes that was a very nice story.. Yup I could just see me coming home from work & giving out treats & look down to a diff meow.. Then say and who is this New Baby.. good one.. Your thoughts were so of Loving Concerns.. Wish you were my neighbor..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That was a wonderful story! I have a similar one, if you don't mind my borrowing space on your thread.

We have a catsitter that is increasingly physically disabled. We thought she was still well enough to do outside excursions with Pinot (we take her out and keep her in the yard, she's really rather good about it, even with no fence), so we didn't put restrictions on when we went away. We should have. Pinot decided to go to Dan's house next door. Our catsitter answered the door bell, Dan (with Pinot in his arms) and his daughter were standing there and, in no uncertain terms, advised our catsitter that Pinot is NEVER outside without us, and we wouldn't like it! I'm personally glad he was looking out for her.

Needless to say; Pinot does not go outside when the catsitter is there anymore.

What a great story and a bunch of sweet neighbours.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Very comforting to know you've got such great neighbors!
    Yay for returned kitties!!!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

It's great when you have neighbors like that.
    Help support ferals