Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Russell Terriers

Jack Russell Terriers

I have heard bad reports about Jack Russell Terriers hyperness.Are they really that hyper? Or do they just need to have a good ,firm trainer(the owner!!!!) Because Lucy, our nieghbors Jackie, I love! She is a little hyper(tearing around the front yard, hyper) but really,even though she IS quite active,I don't really notice it when I walk over.I mean, she runs to great me, jumps up on my knee, (thats as far up as she can jump) What Im saying is that thier hyperness isn't as hard to deal with like a bigger breeds hyperness would be.I want to say, that they are actully really lovable and fun, as lond as you have, a good .firmness about you when training a Jackie. I just wanted to comment on these breeds.I really like them!

JRT's are cute, that's for sure, but they are ALOT of dog in a dinky body. Terriers in general take alot of work because they are extremely stubborn, fiesty, dominant, and they have minds of their own. They are usually very hyper, and in the wrong hands, they are often extremely destructive. That's something that is genetic, it's not a fault. That's why you don't see many of the small terriers in obedience competitions! If they don't want to do something, they are not going to do it. I always feel so much appreciation for terrier owners who understand the genetic makeup of their dogs, and work WITH it instead of against it. I could not own a terrier because I am too spoiled by my extraordinarly eager to please aussie mix...and my overly friendly and happy pugglet girl. But to each his (or her) own.

I have a friend that has a JRT.
    He's the only small dog the I like. She says that god put a tail handle on her dog. lol

He's going over 10 or so years now. He was active but not as mush as you think, my friend shows horses, & her JRT goes with her everywhere. He did since he was a puppy. He's very smart, he knows peoples names, horses names, he helps train horses (he stands behind who ever is working a horse).

I've noticed some propblems with him, like he'll get one flea & he goes nuts, if my friend leaves without him for a few days he wont eat.

I think if I was ever to get a small breed of dog it would be a JRT.

A Jack Russell Terrior & a Rottweiler together, What A Picture That Would Make!

iT'S FUNNY, BUT THE FRIEND THAT i KNOW WHO HAS A JRT DOG ALSO SHOWS HORSES!

WOW!!

you don't like in Texas do you?
    If you did that would be to freaky!!

Nope, I don't live in Texas. What is your friends name?

JRTS love to play. I read that in a book.

My friends name is Kelly Hemhill, whats your's?

my fingers are retarted!!!!!
    Kelly Hemphill

:P

Denise Johnson.I was just curious.:-)

I don't want to interfer You might want to get the ok from someone B/4 you put their real name on the internet and be careful about using your real name. Its not always good people that surf the internet. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Thats ok! Your right.WE just wanted to see ,though. :-)

Thanks sammi. It's good to have someone looking out for us youngins! (even if I am the only one LOL)

I told my friend about someone looking for a JRT, she said I had to tell ya'll that she got him when he was a puppy, & she made him calm down & stay, sit be quiet ect. when he was young so that he wouldn't ack to JRTish at this age.

She wanted me to let ya'll know it wasn't a breed habit!

She showed me a puppy she had gotten for some friends of hers (she video taped it) This thing was a Rottie in a Jack suit!!!!!
    Plus her dog has a thing for running up to bigger dogs & growling his head off & trying to pick a fight!!!!!

I guess mentally they think if they act big & scary, the real big dog will leave them alone.
    Makes sence!

ok have no fear I'm done now !
    lol

Jack Russell Terriers are quite active but a like an hour playing and a short walk wears them out, well at least for Leika, i just played with her and now is sleeping!
    They are not that active is just that you have to know how to handle them, you have to be a little strict when training and tell them who's the boss but they are really intelligent and learn quite quickly.
    Puppies are a bundle of joy, dogs, are life's happiness.

My supervisor has two Jacks - her latest one was and is a real handful. Her first Jack is a real sweetheart - not too destructive and pretty mellow. So I guess it all depends on the personality, I actually know someone who has a really naughtly Golden and they are the sweetest dogs in the world. I'm just a firm believer that the dog is as good as its owner wants them to be. Hope my Chihuahua grows up to be a real nice dog. We're having biting problems now - she's really nippy. Doesn't mean to bite hard, but sometimes she does.