Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

I called my vet earlier today (I better do not think about vet bills at this point! ) and I will get some antiemetic pills for Luna. She doesn't look dehydrated which is a good thing. For the time being, the vomiting has stopped, she drank some water and kept it down, and she's begging for food. But that has to wait until I have the antiemetics here.

She's in my lap right now and purrs.

And no, so far, she did not have any subq's. But she got electrolytes two days ago.

Kirsten

You know how to do the skin test on her, right? Gently pull her skin up and if it snaps back right away, she isn't dehydrated but if it stays that way, she is. Sometimes they don't appear to be dehydrated but they are. I can't imagine that she's vomited so much and isn't but you're there w/her and I'm not, so you know better. Sweet little Luna, I wish we could figure out what's wrong.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Just tried this skin test and she didn't like it at all (LOL), but it seems like her skin snapped back right away, even though it's hard to tell with her thick fur. I imagine - since there were always long periods without vomiting the last three days - that she was able to drink enough. She also drank an hour ago and kept it down so far.

Kirsten

Poor Luna & poor you. Prayers continuing.

Get better soon, dear Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Luna, you poor girl! Prayers that this mystery will be solved soon and she will be feeling better and back to good health.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh gosh Kirsten I was praying that once Luna got emptied out that she would be on the road to recovery. I was so sad to read that she is vomiting again. Poor sweet baby and poor you & Lily.

Prayers on the way, that the vets can solve this and that Luna will have many more years with you.

Kisses for Luna and {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you Kirsten.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much your support means to me!

My vet has just called, she got the results from the lab. The kidneys are fine, but one liver enzyme (GOT) is slightly increased. My vet told me not to worry too much about this since this often happens when something's wrong with the stomach.

Luna did not throw up during the day, she ate a bit and rested a lot. The last hours she spent next to the computer monitor which is one of her favourite places, and she's looking more relaxed. Hope she won't start puking again during the night (which she did the last three nights).

Kirsten

I'm so sorry, Kirsten, that Luna continues to be sick. All of us have experienced this at one time or another and it's not easy, in fact it wears you and your kitty out.

We're all hoping and praying that you two get a good night's rest with no vomiting episodes.

(((hugs))) for you and gentle scritches for Luna..............
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Liver levels are always worse when there is an infection. So I hope that's what it is and Luna will be fine.

Sorry she is still not feeling well, I hope she improves soon, and that you all have a peaceful night.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sending powerful get well soon wishes to the lovely Luna. I hope you and your mommy get a good night's sleep tonight!

Still praying for Luna.

Oh no, poor Luna and poor you!! I have a mystery illness going on right now with Taz, so I know how stressful and worrisome it is.

I hope things will be resolved for you and Luna's throwing up stops soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh my goodness! I just now saw this! I will send lotsof get well prayers for your sweetie