Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Luna is very sick: Threw up about 30 times! (update #167: someone threw up!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Her face is like that almost all the time now, which makes me think she's not happy.

Kirsten

Did she really change over the years? From a human point of view, you can probably say it's a unhappy face, but for a cat face, I don't know. She lives in a good home, is taken care by a human who understands her needs, she has Lily for company when you are not there, well, she should be happy!

When I compare pics of young Peppito and today's Peppito, I also see differences. Except ageing, I think his expression changes because he has a longer experience of life. He's more quiet, is less scared of his environnment, for instance.

Well, maybe you're right and it's just me... Or it's because she lost some weight while she was so ill, which shows in her face.

I wish she could tell me how she's feeling now!

Kirsten

I know how you feel, Kirsten; I still worry about Binky even though up until now he's been doing ok. He threw up again this morning (even with his special food and meds), so we're keeping an eye on him.

It will probably take a few more days before Luna is feeling better...I know when I'm that sick it takes a while before I'm 100%.

Give her some gentle scritches from me!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I'm sorry to hear that Binky threw up. Best wishes to him that it's nothing serious!

Yes, maybe she takes a while to recover from this. When I had my gastritis several weeks ago, it took a long time until I started feeling better.

Kirsten

While she does look better in the last picture compared to the previous ones, I think she doesn't quite have the sparkle back in her eyes that I've seen in other pictures of her. Other than that though, she looks good. She is nice and fluffy. My once fluffy kitty is all skin and bones now.

I hope Luna will be feeling better very soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yes, maybe it's that sparkle that I'm missing in her eyes...

I'm sorry to hear your kitty has lost weight!

Kirsten

Oh that last picture... you can see in her face that this has been hard on her - poor girl. I hope she feels better soon!

Please give her some kisses from me.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kirsten, There's one thing I know for sure, Luna [B]is is a very happy kitty. It shows in all of her pictures. She knows who loves her and cares for her! Both of you have really been through a lot these past few weeks and things like this definitely take their toll.

Please, be easy on yourself. Loads of gentle lovies to Luna from me and tons of scritchie and lovies to Lily too.

[[[[[hugs]]]]]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Kirsten, There's one thing I know for sure, Luna is a very happy kitty. It shows in all of her pictures. She knows who loves her and cares for her! Both of you have really been through a lot these past few weeks and things like this definitely take their toll.

Please, be easy on yourself. Loads of gentle lovies to Luna from me and tons of scritchie and lovies to Lily too.

[[[[[hugs]]]]]
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks! The good news is, Luna was looking a bit happier today, you could see it in her eyes...

But there's one thing that makes me feel bad. That horrible night after her massive vomiting, when she was under the influence of the drugs and acted psychotic, I have to admit that I've been yelling at her at 3 am in the night when she did everything she could to not let me sleep, making a lot of noise with the carpet, and the doors. I feel so bad about it, I know she was not herself and not responsible for her actings, but I felt so tired and saw the clocks ticking the night away without me getting any sleep. And I was worrying about how to do my job the next day... I know that was terribly selfish of me, and it was not fair.
    For some reason, she doesn't seem to mind, I hope she forgave me. But I'm still feeling bad about it. I love her so much, and yet I could not help getting angry when she didn't let me sleep...

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten, don't feel bad. It's only natural to be short tempered when we're tired and going w/out sleep. The very first time I took my RB Puddy in to see Dr. Lee is when she had an inflamed and blocked colon (although I didn't know it yet) and she was meowing and crying the entire drive there. I had been up w/her all night and I was exhausted. At that time, I hadn't found a shortcut to Dr. Lee's office yet and it would take me 1 1/4 hours to get there and Puddy kept crying and I kept turning up the volume on the radio to drown her out. I yelled at her to be quiet and I felt awful about it. I still do. So don't feel bad. It happens to all of us, I think.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The Animal Angel Army are holding a Prayer Service for Luna in every chuch , temple and synagoque on the island of Maui
    We Pray that your Dear Little Friend can beat this mysterious disease thats bothering her so much.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

More prayers and get-well wishes for Luna and for Lily and Kirsten too ((((HUGS))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

ALL of our best wishs and prayers are with you and Luna.
    Not too worry we all get short tempered sometimes, but this too will pass and there is nothing more forgiving then a happy cat.
    GILL & Crew;

Oh, Kirsten, I think you need to make a formal apology to Luna, and then look at yourself in the mirror and say, "And, Kirsten, I forgive myself!". All of us have been there at some time or other in our life. None of us are perfect and the loss of sleep is such a big deal. Please, forgive yourself, and place all of your energies into loving your girls.

Hugs,
    Johanna